FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gja sent me this PM (in error I'm sure) so I thought I'd post it publically for all to address.

To: FJRPierre
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:47 pm
Subject: problem with idle
HI

Do you have any good idea where I should look for the problem, as cool my bikes engine idle at 1500-1800 rpm, after a few minutes when it gets litle warm the idel should drop to 1100 rpm but my engine stops, 0 rpm.

I have tryed mush and many different things and now <I don´t know what to do????

Please, HELP, HELP...... Sad Shocked Mad Crying or Very sad Question

Göran / GJA

·
Registered
4 Posts
hej,
don't panic ... it's a known problem . Just change the so called TPSsensor / actuator.
TPS stands for throttle position sensor ...
Good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks to you all

Had the engine running today, it idle just fine and will let it idle for a longer time tomorrow just to be sure, there was condesed water in my petrol, Yamaha had it for 2.5 months in a cool garage, ( I had a ticker and they put a new cylinder head on it) one day it was warm and a next day it was freezing outside so it got condense in the petrol tank.

I hope I am right and it will run fine tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
But before you change the TPS, try to have it checked at your dealer, since they can sometimes fix it without ordering a new one. fyi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts