FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any new PowerCommander Maps been made or altered out there?

I'm still running the Zero Map + Acellerator pump and getting the best of both worlds.

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
"new" as of when?

The "zero map" is OEM EFI settings (the PC doesn't add or subtract anything. If that's truly what you're running, all you're getting is the acell.pump mod.

If you're running the DynoJet default map (not the same as the zero map), then there are several others out there. Whether they are "new(er)" than the last time you checked would depend on when that last check was.

There are a few on the DynoJet web site under their label and under the user submitted area. Alternately there's Wally's smoothness map.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's right just the Accel pump which is fine I get the extra 20% fueling when I want it, not when the map gives it me.

So I get duel fueling: Normal & Accelleration when I snap the throttle.

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
woody said:
That's right just the Accel pump which is fine I get the extra 20% fueling when I want it, not when the map gives it me.

So I get duel fueling: Normal & Accelleration when I snap the throttle.
So you really don't need a Power Commander at all. Right?

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Except that the PCIII is what yields the fuel punch for the 'accel pump.'

I played with that thing til I was blue in the face, and couldn't make it feel like it was doing anything.

:)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As liquid said only for the Accelerator pump to work, but still playing with it.(and maybe a quick shifter).

The Accelerator pump will only be noticed on the zero map because if you are using say the 501 map which is already giving 20odd% more fuelling the extra fuel as well from the pump will not make any more power! it will more than likely loose power as over fuelling.

It may work with Wally's map as it's got some low values.

I have based my fuel percentage increases for the pump on the average % increases on some of the common maps available.

An Fjr owner from Japan has been using it and is very happy, but he has a UK model bike which may make a difference but cannot see why!

Also if using the Zero map only the mpg goes up, One of our members is regularly getting 50+mpg and that’s down the back lanes.

Give it a try it only take a minute to load..

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
The US values for the EFI tend to be very lean to begin with. I got at least a couple of tanks of 52(us) mpg in OEM stock configuration. The side affect is that there can be some low-load surging at about the 2500 rpm range. I installed the PC3 to resolve that surging. Heat was not an issue and I didn't really care for any increase in top end hp since that tends to cost in low-end torque. Throttle "smoothness" and the removal of that low-load surging were noticable benefits.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I did try it with the zero map, nothing noticed on the proverbial SOTP2000, but I didn't test it on any real dynos.

Unfortunately I can't test it anymore, as I'm fresh out of FJRs.

I also found the O2 sensor remained the fuel economy king, without going heavy into negative map values.

Has Torch checked in on this new board? His insights are invaluable.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts