FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I expect if I add a pc to my FJR/ Can I expect it to smooth out and loose the mid range vibes? :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
The power commander isn't out yet for the 06...but I would be very interested in other people's experience about reducing vibes from about 4200rpm and above. That is the ONLY complaint I have right now...granted I only have about 300 miles on the bike thus far...I've put on a throttlemeister, thicker grips, barbarian mod...still have the vibes though.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Make sure your bars, steering stem nut and fork clamp bolts are all torqued to spec. That made a noticeable vibe reduction on mine. I don't have any of that other stuff on mine and it is quite smooth. It might get smoother still if I do a TBS.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Please note that 20v runs a jackhammer for a living.
Just kidding. 8)

·
Registered
949 Posts
20valves said:
No Arlen, it's the Mrs. that I run the "jackhammer" on. :crylarf: 8)
Just got an image of an industrial strength "sex aid" --- probably runs on compressed air too :shock: :crylarf:..........not that theres anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
20valves said:
Make sure your bars, steering stem nut and fork clamp bolts are all torqued to spec. That made a noticeable vibe reduction on mine. I don't have any of that other stuff on mine and it is quite smooth. It might get smoother still if I do a TBS.
Sorry--newbie here--what a TBS?

GaryK

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Throttle Body Synchronisation

Balancing all the injectors so that they all deliver the fuel the same, or as near as possible. Makes for smoother running, better mpg and power delivery.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
lenz said:
Just got an image of an industrial strength "sex aid" --- probably runs on compressed air too :shock: :crylarf:..........not that theres anything wrong with that.
She bought me a real nice compressor for Christmas '04. Lady knows what she wants and how to get it. :wink:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there a site which explains in some detail what the power commander does and how it works, what you need to do to load maps, what maps are, how they work, etc., or a newbie like me (simple language)?

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts