FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip out that lands me in Palmyra for a day (Mid Sept). Route and lodging is pretty well set for the trip out, but on the way back I'll have some extra time to mess around and don't need to be anywhere in particular. Any things to see (that are not chocolate related) if I were trying to head generally north west back to MN in a couple days?

Reactions: AtlRiderrr

·
Registered
877 Posts
I will piggy back onto this post…I’ll be coming up from Shenendoah valley into PA soon…would love to know the go-to roads for traveling through Pennsylvania S-N

·
Registered
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300
53 Posts
The Flight 93 memorial is worth the stop. Horshoe Curve and the Allegheny portage are also in the general direction and is up in the hills where the roads are a bit curvy.

·
Registered
877 Posts
There's an idea. My knowledge of geography is so bad that didn't even occur to me.
Try not to do it in the middle of a hurricane like me last year. It takes a little away from the experience😆

• Haha
Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
513 Posts
Another neat place to visit a little further south is Harpers Ferry. If you do, you'll probably go right by Camp David near Catoctin Mountain Park.

Reactions: Oldjeep

·
Registered
2008 Yamaha FJR 1300A
19 Posts
If you are headed back to MN via Rt 322 towards I-80 I suggest heading a little farther north and swing by the Grand Canyon of Pa, the Lumber Museum near Coudersport, Pa, and maybe the Drake oil we’ll museum in Titusville, Pa. And riding Rt 6 is a nice cruise that will eventually run back into I-80,90.

·
Registered
2002 Honda CBR1100XX and 2013 FJR
16 Posts
Centralia, PA is an abandoned coal mine town, the Millersburg-Liverpool River Ferry in Millersburg, PA, the first two weekends in Oct. in Biglerville, PA is the National Apple Harvest Festival and Mister Ed's Elephant Museum & Candy Emporium in Orrtanna, PA. I enjoyed stopping at all of them and the roads to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts