FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a picture of the instrument panel of an'06 model with the ignition on. I want to see what gets displayed.

Thanks

Alan

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
What the picture doesn't show, is that the digital display can be selected to show the following information -

Ambient air temperature.
selected gear.
time.
Odometer.
2 Trip meters.
Fuel consumption in Km/L or L/100Km, both instantaneous or average.
Fuel Quantity.
Coolant temperature.
Error codes.
Fuel reserve trip meter.

All very nice, but fairly difficult to operate, and could be quite distracting if you start fiddling with it while riding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hallo

Hello Alan,

Just found this site, bit busier than the others. Ill give you a bell to arrange bringing your screen back, wouldnt mind trying the Ceebaileys tall one you got if i can. then im gonna try my bruv in laws MRA and then a Cal one if i can find one and then hopefully i will ahve found the right one for me.

:ale: Paul, Bolton

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The procedure is in the owners manual. You have to do it while you are riding so that there is fuel flow displayed.

With fuel flow displayed, push the "RESET" button for 1 second and the display will change.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Kaj,

I'm currently wearing an HJC CL-14 Fuse helmut (full face). It is extremely comfortable & has held up well over the last 1 1/2 years. It cost me $124.00 when new. It's red & dosen't match this bike.
I have currently ordered an HJC AC-12 Yikes III (blue & silver) was told won't be available until 5/24. You can see it at:

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/product~pf_id~4781509~dept_id~1430094.asp

After years of wearing Shoei, I got tired of paying too much. The HJC I find to be very well made & considerably less.

Smoke a tire....It's cancer free.

·
Registered
37 Posts
To tontofjr,

Thanks for the compliment. I'm nearing 1,000 miles on the 06 FJR & I can tell you it's going to be a long lasting relationship.
Considering I still have my 1985 Honda V65 Sabre (original owner) you can tell I take care of my machines. I'm going to miss that bike. A friend called, who always wanted that bike & said he wants it! You can see the modified bike at:

http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h...rrent=85hondav65sabre-greerfairingkrauser.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.