FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Piccs

Looks like the only way to post pics is to use ANOTHER web site to hold the pictures :(

And 6K for an Avitar, just TOO small - 60K maybe

Leigh

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes 6K is a bit small - but we are not finished yet...

Sorry about the off site picture hosting but most forums work like that these days as it spreads the main consumer of bandwidth across the web rather than having all from your own server.

·
Registered
218 Posts
No more pics from me then, don't have my own site to put um on first - bummer. That's one of the reasons I liked the old site, it was easy to post pics. :cry: You can't always put pics in Galleries as people forget to look regularly. :(

·
Registered
124 Posts
Kerry,

I'm sure there are other free-to-use sites, but it costs nothing to open a Geocities account (part of Yahoo these days). This gives you several gazillions bytes of free storage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jooshead said:
Sorry about the off site picture hosting but most forums work like that these days as it spreads the main consumer of bandwidth across the web rather than having all from your own server.
Eh... That is really matter of the site owners preference. As I am sure you (Joos) are aware of the mods for PHPbb2 that allow attachment uploading and posting directly from the server. PHPbb3 (whenever it gets completed) is due to have that functionality built in.

However, I guess if Joos wants us to post our pics that way, I guess thats just what were gonna have to do now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bill - you are right and this site has the album installed so the functionality has been built in here. There is even a link up there on the menu.

It is however not as good as we want becuase in phpbb2 you cant in-line the images from the album.... only link to them which is a bit crap but the old album code allowed hackers into a whole bunch of sites so they had to change it.

I'm not going to allow general file uploading because well I see no need to provide that service here. This is a discussion forum. If peeps want to show large spread sheets of data or movies etc then they can host them themselves. If they have the clevers to be able to make the movie or data file they also have enough of them to have their own free web space somewhere out there to host them from!

Sooooo - this is all leading to various plans we have for the future - this site is quite abit a work in progress but I have allowed everyone in because the bandwidth overage charges were becoming stupid using Discus. (20 to 25 G a month )

I'm also on the learning curve with getting all the permissions sorted too hence some bits still not working right.

LSS (long story short) - the album feature will be implemented and in time available but not universally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jooshead said:
the bandwidth overage charges were becoming stupid using Discus. (20 to 25 G a month )
Holy CRAP! If I had those kind of $ overages, I'da cut off the uploading ability long ago.

It just goes to show what a outstanding service you and this site have provided all these years.

·
Registered
15 Posts

What am I doing wrong? I posted this pic earlier in the Gallery but wanted to try and make it smaller...

Now, I can't get the pic to show. I confirmed the link. It's good. help!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts