FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now if workmen are silly enough to leave signs on the road outside my house, what else am I going to do?

This is my daughter with her proudest possesion.

·
Registered
341 Posts
And the car in the background has passed by five time looking for the final sign to get them back on the correct route!!!

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Cute! 8)

Keith said:
And the car in the background has passed by five time looking for the final sign to get them back on the correct route!!!
:crylarf:

:)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, Woody. Don't do chains in this family. It's a 900 and she thinks if she kisses it enough it will turn into a FJR.

She passed her test 3 years ago when she was 17 and had a 250 for the two years restricted period before getting this a year ago. At Easter she's going to stretch its legs in France: we're taking her over for a bit of a tour.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Divy 900 is a fantastic machine. It was this bike that after 68.000 km encoureged me to buy the FJR.

The least I can say is that your daughter will be - is - a very well educated person...

About don't using chains in your family: well, I can understand that either and the least I can say is that definitely you are a very good mom... ;-)

My Yamaha Diversion 900: Givi "Keyless" side cases, lower fairing, higher screen, etc:

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's a damn shame Yamaha never thought to ship a bunch of those to the States. I bet I would've bought one. Guess they didn't have enough gray paint back then. :x

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I have allways likes the Xj900 range very practical with a nice turn of speed.

@Mig, How much was the lowers then?

@Liz, [Quote:Don't do chains in this family.] Just big Diamond rings? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Mig, NO I went from a Xj750 to an Fj1200. But I knew a few riders that had them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
woody said:
Mig, NO I went from a Xj750 to an Fj1200. But I knew a few riders that had them.
You would like it because it was (is) a fantastic bike: very simple and strong construction, with no mechanical problems - I saw a portuguese BT (Traffic Police) bike with 270.000 km - a correct riding position, shaft drive, etc. And at last but not the least not expensive: 7.500 euro.

Yamaha made it from 1995 to 2005 without any restyling needed; this bike is a classic. Our friends from the other side of the pound didn't have it; they had the Seca but it was not quite the same thing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts