FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one give me advice on a possible back rest for the driver,or some forward handles to grab,my 13 yr old daughter has been riding with me for 3 years,my yamaha warrior had two back rest,behind her and myself with our corbin seat,she was very comfortable holding on to my back rest a very tight fit ,i purchased the corbin saddle for the fjr great seat more comfortable but when i slow down she must reach way forward to hold on to me,it is not a secure feeling because she has more room and nothing to grab exept me any advice thanks.......................

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I give rides to my 5, 9 and 11-year olds. With a little time, they get used to how much they really NEED to hold on, which is not much.

I've never said this out loud with all of the backrest-lovers around here... but I hate the idea of a backrest on a motorcycle. Not because it makes the bike more like a GoldWing, but because it looks to me like the hardware of the backrest could become a LETHAL WEAPON to the rider and passenger in case of an accident. Just my opinion.

:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get love handles from any good mail order mob, a belt that has plastic grabs on the sides...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Uh... can't she use the grab handles Yamaha built onto the bike? That's not just a luggage rack ya know.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
amain said:
the grab handles Yamaha built onto the bike?
Those are far and away the number one thing my wife says she misses about the FJR. When braking in traffic, she'd hold on to those. She claims the Duc is fine on comfort, but she misses those handles. Usually when flying straight and level, she just lays her hands on her lap.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts