FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking the cooling level and found the coolant cap sitting on top with the hose dangling in the reservoir. The level was at the bottom (below the minimal). The dealer said they did a 50 points inspection. Anyway I found this part sitting on top of the coolant cap loose. I can’t seem to find in the service manual . Hoping someone can identify it. TIA

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
Some remove the glove box solenoid so you can always open it manually....... coolant lid will pop off if not replaced properly.... top it up to max with a syringe.....

Reactions: SpeedAddict

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The glovebox on my new to me '19 has always opened without the ignition being on. I guess I better do some poking around this winter while the bike is in hibernation.
I may fix it depending how much work is involved.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FJR1300A, 2003 FZ1 "Bee"
774 Posts
I may fix it depending how much work is involved.
Bit of topside plastic bits off, usually 2 bolts and plug it back in. But your pic appears to be still plugged updangling there, so should be a reroute topside and bolt it back on.
But I removed mine to not hassle with the key switch each time I wanted access. But I only keep side stand pad, old mini hand towel and couple pair nitrile gloves in there.

Reactions: RaYzerman

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
Agree, I liked having it unlocked.

Reactions: Huge Grampa

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bit of topside plastic bits off, usually 2 bolts and plug it back in. But your pic appears to be still plugged updangling there, so should be a reroute topside and bolt it back on.
But I removed mine to not hassle with the key switch each time I wanted access. But I only keep side stand pad, old mini hand towel and couple pair nitrile gloves in there.
So I haven’t taken off any fairing off the front yet (just the battery and air filter). I am glad it’s more simple than the goldwing. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,211 Posts
Registration and insurance card
Insurance cards are in wallet. Not required to carry registration in MN. Never understood why other states do - vehicle has plates. Cubby isn't waterproof

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
No paperwork on my bikes.... I have a little plastic folder with insurance and registration that's in a convenient inside pocket on my jacket.
Current bike doesn't even have a glovebox.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Insurance cards are in wallet. Not required to carry registration in MN. Never understood why other states do - vehicle has plates. Cubby isn't waterproof
Thanks. It’s good to know and I will get a plastic ziplock to put them.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,615 Posts
Question...... only if it's a concern..... if someone were to steal your bike, would you want paperwork with it?

I believe you are allowed to carry only a photocopy of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Question...... only if it's a concern..... if someone were to steal your bike, would you want paperwork with it?

I believe you are allowed to carry only a photocopy of it.
I have been told to keep registration and insurance in the car for years by many. I never had a car stolen before (we leave cars unlocked around here). What can the thief do with the registration papers? I am curious.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts