FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the feck are Yamaha Panniers made of.

This morning passing stationary traffic doing about 5-10mph Ford Mondeo pulls out of line.
Now , I normaly give traffic as wide a berth as possible. Even riding down the opposite lane if no on coming vehicles. But I was coming up to traffic Island. My pillion(wife) seen him , but the first I knew was the impact and me trying to control bike. Did, stayed up right and lucky nothing coming the other way.
The normal "I did'nt see you mate"
All I got is a scuff mark down the pannier. He got hell of a big dent accross the top of his wheel arch. I reckon going to cost him £1000 or more.
I just dont know how my pannier could cause so much damage to a car.
Never used to like panniers , do now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
alman said:
What the feck are Yamaha Panniers made of.

This morning passing stationary traffic doing about 5-10mph Ford Mondeo pulls out of line.
Now , I normaly give traffic as wide a berth as possible. Even riding down the opposite lane if no on coming vehicles. But I was coming up to traffic Island. My pillion(wife) seen him , but the first I knew was the impact and me trying to control bike. Did, stayed up right and lucky nothing coming the other way.
The normal "I did'nt see you mate"
All I got is a scuff mark down the pannier. He got hell of a big dent accross the top of his wheel arch. I reckon going to cost him £1000 or more.
I just dont know how my pannier could cause so much damage to a car.
Never used to like panniers , do now.
:shock:
Mondeo Driver now that is justice LOL :D

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Good it didn't send you and pillion surfing pavement! Is the driver prepared to add a new pannier to his insurance claim?

:)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hum! one new pannier on one side and they other on the other side. Look odd I reckon. Not that I'm that vain or anything. I cleaned the marks off any how.
In these situations , the fact we stayed up right and did'nt get hurt is priceless. So not that bothered.
The other pannier is well scuffed as I catch it with my boot, when I dismount ,as I'm only 5"8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts