FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The paint work is coming along well, should have all of the paint finished in the next few days and have it back together next week.

If anyone wants to ever strip an fjr completely i would not recommend it..what a pain.

The colours I went for are pearlesent white and candy apple blue pearl.

Here are a few of the bits that are finished

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Looking forward to see the completed bike, I think it’ll look great ! May not be as fast as the red bikes but should look good !

·
Registered
'16 FJR 1300, '98 Shadow VT1100T
74 Posts
DennisFJR - curious, did you sand this piece before painting it? I'm thinking of painting the 2 on my 2016 FJR Black and wasnt sure if I should sand them down first. Tips on how you did it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. It depends if they have any damage...a light key up with some fine sand paper should be all they need...then a decent primer before top coat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of the paint work has been finished this evening so can start to put the fjr back together over the next 2 days...hopefully show the finished product soon...here is the fuel tank and surround in the finished colours

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can’t wait to see it finished. What I see I really like!

Reactions: skippy344!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks good so far. Always amazed that the guys tricking out paint jobs always seem to be assembling bikes in the dirt outside.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
Dennis, I see your environment over there has perhaps been wet and salty. I'd recommend removing the ABS sensors, cleaning them up of any white powdery residue, and giving the plastic adapter and hole in the housing a little coat of silicone grease (or any grease) to prevent the aluminum from corroding and bridging to the sensor shaft.......

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
334 Posts
Great color. Looks kind of similar to the Cobalt Blue (2016)?

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
559 Posts
Nice job on the paint!! And it Does look like my Cobalt Blue! But maybe I am partial! LOL
Nice detail on the rims!
Good work, Man!!

I'll drop mine off, after you are done! Oh wait, you are on the other side of the pond.... D'Oh!! 😂

Reactions: Dennisfjr

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,379 Posts
Hint: you don't have to create a new thread every time you want to update. Continuing on with the same thread is perfectly fine.
Screenshot (13).png

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Looks VERY good, maybe a couple of pictures with paniers, and if you can bring the camera lower, bike on center stand, and picture of the other side as well, since your first picture is corrupted and fuzzy?

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
559 Posts
Very nicely done, Dennis!! It looks really good!

That white against the blue turned out very striking! It looks fast, just sitting still!

Reactions: passx
1 - 20 of 20 Posts