FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a rash moment I bought the above cheap on eBay. On reflection is it worth the effort to install or should I go the whole hog and get Autocom?

Dependant upon the answer:

is/are either self-install friendly for numpty?

:?

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Autocom is a real easy self-instal. Can be installed on the bike, running off bike power, or, if you might switch from bike to bike, it can run off 9v battery power and be carried in a small bumbag.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
As Autocoms new product range has now been released you should be able to pick up the old models pretty cheap. Just before Christmas they were selling them themselves for something like 50% off.
You do need to take some time getting the speakers and microphone in the right position, but once they're sorted it works really well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies but nobody else seems to want to commit to the question - is BikeMike3 any good?

:|

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
CarMan said:
Thanks for the replies but nobody else seems to want to commit to the question - is BikeMike3 any good?
:|
I think the silence answers your question. Put it back on ebay and use the money wisely.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bike Mike3

I had one bought for me as a present. I tried it, but it was not worth installing. I bought an Autocom instead.

There are good reasons why they are cheap!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
CarMan said:
Anybody seen any good Autocom deals?
Deals on there website.
All brand new Autocom line up, and surposed to be best in class, so not sure there will be any better deals around than what they make for a while.

I got the list of dealers from the website, and went to Fowlers in Bristol yesterday, to have a look. They aren't dealers anymore, but did say they could get me parts if I wanted them. Also offered directions to another dealer, which I didn't have time for on my lunch break.

Emailed Autocom, they got back to be very promptly, apologised, and said any of the Inifinity dealerships in London would have the range.
So I'm off to Infinity Holburn tomorrow (Saturday) for a gander.

Stay tuned for part 2 :ale:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts