FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put my name on the order list for an '06. Is there any room to negotiate at the dealer? This will be the the second time that I have bought a new bike. The first time was a in 1980 for an IT250.

Harvey

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes there are dealers that will sell for less than MSRP. I HAve one on order for $11,900 1300A. I have read some for as low as $11500. Check out the yamaha web site and do a dealer locator and call them all.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Harvey, Call K & N in Tulsa and see what they will sell a bike for. Kieth here on the board has bought several bikes from them, I believe. Or Tony O from Yamaha Powersports in Hot Springs or Texarkana is selling them for quite a bit less than MSRP. As a matter of fact you can look back at the first 06 announcements here on this board and he has his prices listed there.

Glenn

·
Registered
223 Posts
@ walrus

But you guys have all the good jobs, we just have the menial jobs the mexicans don't want. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
I went with Tony at Texarkana. It was $11,995.00. I miss quoted above.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Walrus said:
Lucky guys!
In The Netherlands we pay € 17.999 for a 2006 model.
Which means $ 22.318......
Holly Crap! :shock:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I did a dealer search. Within about an hour's drive there were 7 dealers. K&N in Tulsa at $12000 beat them all.
They are a little over an hour away, but I do go to Tulsa for other things. I will go there in the morning and do my other shopping while I am in town. I will also check at Route 66 about selling my FLHTPI for me. I'm keeping my old Shovel, but the newer Harley just isn't the same. The FJR is going to be my touring/long distance bike.

Harvey

·
Registered
13 Posts
In Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I was quoted $19,750 US dollars for the 06. How the heck can I buy one in the US :shock:
Kone

·
Registered
16 Posts
damn I thought I got a good deal at 12,560 :cry: ,,, but you know I would pay an extra grand right now if I could go out to my garage and drool on my new toy

·
Registered
16 Posts
damn I thought I got a good deal at 12,560 :cry: ,,, but you know I would pay an extra grand right now if I could go out to my garage and drool on my new toy

·
Registered
50 Posts
K&N Yamaha in Tulsa and Yamaha Sports Center in Texarkana are about the same distance from me give or take an hour. The dealers here in Dallas will not deal at all. Who do I ask for when I contact these dealers to discuss their price? Any good guys to deal with?

I wadded my 04 FJR up Nov. 13 due to a curve that had diesel or something spilled in the corner. I was hoping it was not totaled. They say it is, due to all the cosmetic damage. The settlement check I was quoted and the Out The Door price I have been hearing about is only about $2000 apart. I think I will quit trying to save my 04 from being toaled and order an 06. I just hate that I will have to wait so long to get it.

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
If you're in Dallas, then D&H Cycles in Cullman, AL is just a day trip home. Catch a plane or a bus and Jerold will pick you up and take you to the shop. Historically, D&H has been one of the most competitively priced dealerships in the US. You'll save well more than what you spend in transportation over what any local Dallas dealer demands.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any body got any info for the UK or Europe yet?

Yamaha Spain are advertising a special on till end of December of €13999 (normal €15599)
Precio:
15.599,00 €
IVA e impuesto de matriculación incluido (Precio Península y Baleares)
Promoción:
13.999,00 €
Promoción válida hasta 31 de diciembre de 2005 (+ Maletas viaje gratuitas)
Yamaha.co.uk doesn't have any info.

Any one know when they'll deliver?
*** thats the FJR1300A, they don't have the AE on their website at all

·
Registered
25 Posts
ZagZyg said:
Any body got any info for the UK or Europe yet?

Yamaha Spain are advertising a special on till end of December of €13999 (normal €15599)
Precio:
15.599,00 €
IVA e impuesto de matriculación incluido (Precio Península y Baleares)
Promoción:
13.999,00 €
Promoción válida hasta 31 de diciembre de 2005 (+ Maletas viaje gratuitas)
Yamaha.co.uk doesn't have any info.

Any one know when they'll deliver?
*** thats the FJR1300A, they don't have the AE on their website at all
Finland FJR 1300A -06 22.990 € delivery 3/2006
FJR 1300 AE -06 25.990 € delivery 8/2006

·
Registered
55 Posts
gja said:
Finland FJR 1300A -06 22.990 € delivery 3/2006
FJR 1300 AE -06 25.990 € delivery 8/2006
Yikes, buy one in Spain and I'll ride it to Finland for you :lol:

Is that all tax?? Almost €9000 difference!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts