FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent longish weekend rideout I foolishly waited behind the bike in front at a roundabout. You know what comes next-I rode into the back of said bike in front who has been my riding mate for ages and my friend since we were born (Did I say he;s also my cousin?) He and wife pillion fall off and I feel wretched.

Friend and wife are ok as is his bike. Mine has cracked and crumpled fairing and l.h. headlamp pushed in slightly.

I can't think the same of my bike now (it was a beautiful black 02)

Do I spend megaquids on putting it all back to original or keep it as it is as a permanent and constant reminder to keep more space between me and everything else?

BTW we are still friends-he took it very philosophically which made me feel even worse.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Claim the insurance and move on...as I did. If it was moving when you dropped it, it is more than likely a write off. I spilled mine at 25MPH and caused more then 8K in damages to mine, never mind the ZZR1200 I hit, another 5K from a standstill...both were written off. Take the money and run and buy a new bike. Luckily my mate is still speaking to me as well probably coz my insurance paid him over book and let him keep the bike :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse bullpet.

Nearly been there and done that....... also to my best friend of 38 years.

Blow the expense, buy the cat a goldfish - get a new 06

·
Registered
32 Posts
Don't feel to bad....yesterday at work our mailroom clown backed a car into my bike and knocked it over - taking off the right mirror and messing up the windshield.

Things happen...we fix it and ride on!

·
Registered
74 Posts
malki said:
Claim the insurance and move on...as I did. If it was moving when you dropped it, it is more than likely a write off. I spilled mine at 25MPH and caused more then 8K in damages to mine, never mind the ZZR1200 I hit, another 5K from a standstill...both were written off. Take the money and run and buy a new bike. Luckily my mate is still speaking to me as well probably coz my insurance paid him over book and let him keep the bike :mrgreen:
Still amazes me that low speed offs do so much damage. I dropped my '05 at 20mph, result, £6200 damage and an insurance economic write off. The bike hit nothing other than the road.
:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts