FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been playing around with this for some time but just have one bugbear with it. That's having to stop and move the camera each time I want a different angle. What I'd really like to do is have two camera's one facing forward and the other facing backwards with a switch up on the handlebars allowing me to choose which one is live as I go along. Has anyone come across such a switch or would you be able to make one for me for a small fee?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ian - I've been looking for this solution for a long time - neck problems and not able to turn fully for the full lifesaver check- tempted me to find a rear facing lipstick camera, trouble is I can't find one that transmits straight to a 2.5 or 3 inch screen, all HAVE to go thru a video recorder.
I don't need to record the stuff as you do. Just gets you the jail anyway if caught with it :mrgreen:
Any suggestions on your research would be appreciated.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ian, see if someplace like Radio Shack has an A/B switch that will work. Or go to any large video store and ask the youngest kid you see how to do it. :D
Or try a security company that sells surveillance equipment. I'm not that savvy on it, but these are the places I would look for answers.
You could also try searching the web for a forum like this one that caters to electronic geeks. When I was installing a remote starter in my car, I found a board for professional car alarm installers and before I knew it, Bob was my uncle.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woody the bullet cams feed into a normal camcorder. Would need two camcorders to use both at the same time unless that is I can find a switch which has inputs for both signals and only one output.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
amain said:
Or try a security company that sells surveillance equipment.
Likely place IMHO. If you are feeding your camera inputs through RCA leads then there is a range of switching options although some are a bit bulky for handlebar mounting.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the boy!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bugger they're out of stock and not getting any more in as it's being redesigned :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The 2-way switch I have (purchased from onbiketv) is identical to this one:

http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16949&cat=270&page=1

Maybe its not worth ordering from the USofA because its such a small part - you're call. At least you can get an idea of what they are like & possibly find something closer to home.

Never let it be said that us Canucks aren't willing to help out our FJR brothers across the pond. :ale:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I contacted www.onbike.tv re my earlier posted problem, and apparently you CAN have a small 3.5" TV screen connected to a rear facing camera with no recorder attached but at $549 with a low(er) quality cam, I found this a little steep for me.
A switch box allowing you to switch between front and rear facing cams is supplied with no recorder in the equation, or a recorder can be connected if you wish.
Their reply was quick and efficient, with an offer of more info if required.

So Ian, sounds like it will do all you need it to, but at a price.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The switch itself is only $45 (£27). They also offer a dual cam kit for $80 (£48). The cost for you there Malki would of course include the screen and camera so not surprised it adds up a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts