FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2004 VTX 1300C YES it is a lame old fasioned cruiser and after 350 miles your ass hurts alot. That was two months ago. I went to a Yamahah demo day and tried Mr Max. Very Very cool but a little top heavy and spooky. Did I mention VERY FAST. Now on the second trip around the route there was this empty fjr what ever that is. So I thought I would try it . It did keep catching my eye. I couldn`t quit going back to it for another look. I just can`t spend that much right now but anyway I`ll at least take a free ride with the group.What can that hurt? After about 15 feet of driving I knew my VTX 1300c was a COW MOOOO. Damn fjr.
Now it`s a Sunday afternoon and two rums in and I`m not happy. OK OK I`m a little happy. Tommorow I am going to test ride a Vstrom 1000 at my buddys bike shop. He also sells Yamaha and that cused fjr. so help me here. I can`t afford another mistake. This next bike is forever, sort of.
So how bad does the Vstrom1000 compare to the cursed fjr GRRRR.
I hope my spelling and grammer mistakes are small becuz the therd rum is kickin in. Why izn`t summer longer. Why does life have to be so tuff Desitione s Dections. Now I want some feedback from you feejers so help me out here . you have 24 hours so get with it EH.
Why didn`t sombody jis tell me about the cursed fjr s anyway. Like dosn`t evey body Know about thqm.
I ha d better not ride the butt breaker tonight. I`ll just sit tight, tite whatever tyte, if you get my drift That damn Honda is just two months old for me and its nice but I want, I want, I want a new 2006 fj They are sooooo Pretty and everything. Pretty is important an cool and all that, like comeon.
Thanks in advance
FASST-CAR
96 IMPALA SS
97 Z 28 CAMARO CONVERT.
iT JUST SEEMS RIGHT FOR A fjr to be in the mix

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
FASST-CAR said:
So I thought I would try it.
Now you have tried/tryed/tryred it, just buy/by/bye it. You look like you have the right/write/rite mix in your stable/stay-bill/steibel for it to feel right at home.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Buy the Vstrom. Then, if you've had a rum or two, and you run off the road... the 'strom's suspension will handle the bumps a little better.

:)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Get the Feejr and don't drink and drive it. Tooooooo fast, tooooo easy. It would be nice if you are still alive several months after buying it. This thing CAN kill you if you're not on your game.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I took a year between bikes looking at what seemed like 'EVERYTHING', and cam to the conclusion the FJR was the best bike for me to have, if I could only have one bike.

I have ridden a V-Strom, very cool bike, and I like that you can do a fire road or two on it as well. I just liked the power of the FJR better and for riding distance fast, it has the V-Strom pretty well beaten in MHO.

·
Registered
592 Posts
FASST-CAR said:
FASST-CAR
96 IMPALA SS
97 Z 28 CAMARO CONVERT.
iT JUST SEEMS RIGHT FOR A fjr to be in the mix
Fasst,
I am going to go out on a limb here and question 'why' the Vmax scared you. Looking at your stable one might be inclined to think that a Vmax would also be completely at home in your garage. I love both the Vmax/FJR but for different reasons. For a guy like you the decision could be tough. On a Vmax, the fear you mention is part of the fun..........but 07 is around the corner and it looks like the new Vmax may not be a rumor this time.

Save me some :ale:

Bryon
97 Vmax
06 FJR
Everything else is I have is slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts