FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,302 Posts
It is not so much the weight, and that Is a factor... but it is just that these bikes seem to get exponentially top heavier as they start to fall over!! I am 6ft, and go about 215lbs. I have a 32" inseam, but once it started going over, with that full, damn, 6.6 gallon fuel tank... it was history!! All we can do is do a guided fall!

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,212 Posts
It is not so much the weight, and that Is a factor... but it is just that these bikes seem to get exponentially top heavier as they start to fall over!! I am 6ft, and go about 215lbs. I have a 32" inseam, but once it started going over, with that full, damn, 6.6 gallon fuel tank... it was history!! All we can do is do a guided fall!
Then add to that the 70ish lbs of luggage I had on my bike when it tried to go over. 20 of that in the top case ;)

• Haha
Reactions: skippy344!

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,302 Posts
Then add to that the 70ish lbs of luggage I had on my bike when it tried to go over. 20 of that in the top case ;)
Yup, that'll do it!!! And then having all your friends gather around to watch You pick it up, by yourself!

I gotta get new friends... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
2015 FJR-1300ESF
711 Posts
Am 6'2", installed T. Rex crash bars recently. I clamped my highway pegs on the forward part of the bars, and am happy with the resulting foot position while cruising. I can unbend my knees most of the way.

It's not as much leg-stretch as is possible on many cruisers, or as was possible with the highway peg bar on my old Vstrom, but it does help.

I have the R. Gaza luggage guards being delivered this afternoon, if the USPS tracking is accurate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in the same situation wanting bag and fairing protection. I ordered the T-Rex bag protectors and after installing them ordered the Fairing Guards. I don't know if my hi way pegs will work with the new T-Rex guards but if not I will have to install the hi way pegs on the T-Rex bars and sell the existing hi way pegs.
ALSO, I ordered the matching spray paint from Touch Up Direct and plan on spraying the matching color on at least the Fairing bars. The bag protectors blend in so well, I'm not sure if they need to be painted.
By the way, T-Rex didn't know if the older bars fit the 2022 bikes but THEY DO, PERFECTLY!
I'll let you know my progress.

·
Premium Member
2015 FJR-1300ESF
711 Posts
T-Rex puts a good quality powdercoat on their crash bars/fairing guards. A simple coat or two of spray paint will probably stick, but may prove fragile - easily scratched and scraped off.

There may be a primer or adhesion promoter product you could put on first, to make the result stronger, but I'm no paint expert.

You might also want to get some clear coat, so as to protect the color layer.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
I sometimes use truck bed liner spray, it sticks very well and is durable...... textured finish depends on brand....

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,621 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts