FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 FJR1300ES Anniversary Edition
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...did a search but got alot of older stuff and figured there were newer options to be had. I am looking for crash bars (PRIMARILY to install highway pegs)...Im 6' 3" and need to stretch out now and then on longer rides. Obviously crash bars will be also great for protection but mainly for comfort.

Question: Who's the most popular and best fitting (minimal visibility and install) crash bars for my 2022 FJR? Also does anyone reccomend a good highway peg that goes with the crash bar?

Thanks again in advance,

Simmer

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
9,955 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah read that too....So I guess you're telling me thats it.....just those 2 options. Gotcha👉

·
Registered
2006 FJR1300
107 Posts
I have been keeping a loose watch on the T-Rex bars for a while (end of last year). For all that time they have been out of stock.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't know about R-Gaza guards ... I have T-Rex guards fore and aft - really like them for protection, and the engine/fairing guards do make a good platform for attaching footpegs and lights ... and perhaps more!

·
Registered
2021 FJR1300, 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650, 2010 Vespa GTS 300
17 Posts
FWIW, I was able to purchase my Trex set after checking for only a couple days. Ordered last month, they arrived a few days later. They do seem to fly off the shelves pretty quickly, though.
Same here. They weren't available when I first looked, but there's a link on the webpage to be notified when they're back in stock. I used that and got an email within a week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you could get by with only the pegs and not the crash bars you could get a set of highway pegs and mounts. Here is a thread with photos and contact info:

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,210 Posts
I was originally keen on the crash bars until I read about parking lot fall overs with the bars tend to result in broken mirror mounts.
Quite the opposite. The idea is that the crash bars keep the bike from hitting the mirrors on the ground

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,301 Posts
Quite the opposite. The idea is that the crash bars keep the bike from hitting the mirrors on the ground
I can 100% substantiate that claim!!

On a group ride, just filled up the tank, getting outta the way, slow motion fall right onto my R-Gaza engine guard! And my buddy got it on his GoPro! :LOL:

I am sucha doofus!

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
I was originally keen on the crash bars until I read about parking lot fall overs with the bars tend to result in broken mirror mounts.
Even if true, a new front stay will be cheaper, especially if you do the work yourself, than repairing the tupperware. Besides, the bolts securing the mirrors should be adjusted just tight enough to prevent the mirrors from vibrating. That should enable the mirrors to fold instead of breaking that cast aluminum front stay in a low speed drop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks road_runner....

Update: Ordered a set of Garaud pegs. Seem like they'll do the trick for me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Besides, the bolts securing the mirrors should be adjusted just tight enough to prevent the mirrors from vibrating. That should enable the mirrors to fold instead of breaking that cast aluminum front stay in a low speed drop.
That is not really the case. Most times when they go over the base of the mirror takes the hit breaking the subframe where it mounts. Nothing to do with the force required to fold the mirror.

Reactions: RaYzerman

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is not really the case. Most times when they go over the base of the mirror takes the hit breaking the subframe where it mounts. Nothing to do with the force required to fold the mirror.
Ok so I'm new to the forum but there's an unusual amount of discussion about these bikes going down. Hey I understand things happen but it's almost as If you guys are expecting it to happen.???

Im not going to jinx myself and say it won't happen to me but this is not a subject I discuss too freely when it cones to motorcycling......lol..... What gives ?

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,210 Posts
Ok so I'm new to the forum but there's an unusual amount of discussion about these bikes going down. Hey I understand things happen but it's almost as If you guys are expecting it to happen.???

Im not going to jinx myself and say it won't happen to me but this is not a subject I discuss too freely when it cones to motorcycling......lol..... What gives ?
They are a pretty heavy bike, so if you screw up at low speed it is pretty hard to catch them once it leans over very far. I was so excited to get some breakfast at cracker barrel a couple months ago that I forgot to put the kickstand down. Once I leaned the bike way past where the kickstand should have been it took every bit of strength I had to keep it off the ground and get it back upright. I'm 6ft/195lbs and in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahhhhh ok. When I read the response I did some research.....my FJR is 642Lbs wet......my Harley is 822 and it's nowhere near as balanced. No wonder why is hasn't bothered me.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,210 Posts
I did a slow motion drop in a campground last September. Rather that hide the fact, I took a photo that shows that my T-Rex bars protected quite well.
All I see is that the puck isn't touching the ground :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts