FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out tooling around enjoying the sunny weather here in Alabama and damn layed it over. I guess turning hard and going slowly to the right up a parking lot hill I slipped on a greasy spot. Police Officier was real nice since he rode a bike himself. Well right side of fairing by headlights is cracked and dash is pushed in from the side some. Rigt mirror was pushed in. Right side bag is sanded at the rubber emblem area. Also some sanding at the right side fairing. I am unable to remove the bag from the bike as the handle wont lift up. Right windshield bracket is broke off at the bottom. Man makes me sick to look at it. Any ideas on cost to repair the damage ? :cry:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
LetsRide said:
Any ideas on cost to repair the damage ? :cry:
Repair is cheaper than replace. To replace? I'd say a couple of grand, minimum. To repair? If you know good people, several hundred.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I know that feeling (like it'll never be the same again). But take heart... once you get into fixing it, it can be just like new again. Sounds like mere fleshwounds. Thankful it didn't take your ankle with it. Now THAT'S expensive!

Hang in. Welcome to the board.

PS - I was in AL yesterday. I didn't do it.

:) - on bikini patrol in FL

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
20valves said:
one word.......pics
Ooh yeah! I'll try to get mom to snap a couple for me! LOL

(I'll see what I can do ;) )

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. I dumped my 2005 Intruder the first month I had it. Take your time and begin by replacing what is most important functionally/safety. Also you may find some used plastic etc on e-bay. Remember it's just a machine that a bunch of guys you've never met put together half way around the world a few years ago. Better to bang up the bike than yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
:ale: Well, I hope this makes you all feel better.
I picked up my bike in January '03, and come April '03, I was ...ummm... :ale: hanging out in the garage and then ... :ale: .... thought it would be a good idea to do some center stand riding :ale: , ignition off, of course.
A little Brr..Brrr here and there and next thing I knew :ale: , I was on my side and so was my brand new FJR!!!

So, what does that tell you, kids.
Even on a center stand in the garage, ignition off, :ale: and riding don't mix.

Had a little scratch in the faring. And I learned what a heavy sum'bitch it is too!
I can't find the emoticon for :stupid drunk ass:.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
20valves said:
one word.......pics

Sorry, this is the best I've got so far. Dang camera phone.

This is me beach scoot...

Sorry. Hijack over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.