FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yamaha Europe say:

Please order the following at the same time:
° Navigator Mount: 5JW-W0776-00-00; Univeraal stay holding Yamaha Navigator with power card.
° FJR mounting kit '03-'05: 5JW-W0779-00-00; FJR mounting kit '06: 5VS-W0779-00-00; Stainless steel adjustable mounting bracket for FJR1300.

Click here for web page

·
Registered
341 Posts
'click here for web page' has truncated the full web address, so here it is:

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/accessories_parts/accessories/acc_details.jsp?grpId=78&productId=35$2$FJR1300&year=-1&pageNr=2&accessoryId=30635

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kaj said:
Scotty,

I've got receipt in the office and I'll check, but if I remember right, it was about 39 €
ONLY 39E!!!! it is to cheep..Do you have more pic before install on the bike..im interesting to buy..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scotty,

It was 37 €...which doesn't sound bad, but at the end of the day, it's only three plates and few screws...

I didn't take any pictures before installation, there were 2 "funny shaped" plates which came under handling bars, plus one straight plate which came between "funny shaped" plates.

The straight plate (where you install your navigator, or mount) can be moved further front (closer dashboard) about 1 cm (mine is in back position), and then you can also adjust the angle.

If any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kaj,
I recommend that you put some flexible material between Quest mount and that metal plate, eg 1-2 mm thick rubber plate. If the mount is not isolated the vibrations or some bigger road hole hits to will either break the Quest mount mechanics or break the Quest itself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kaj said:
Scotty,

It was 37 €...which doesn't sound bad, but at the end of the day, it's only three plates and few screws...

I didn't take any pictures before installation, there were 2 "funny shaped" plates which came under handling bars, plus one straight plate which came between "funny shaped" plates.

The straight plate (where you install your navigator, or mount) can be moved further front (closer dashboard) about 1 cm (mine is in back position), and then you can also adjust the angle.

If any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Ok thanks anyway..

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Anyone know if the mounting kit for the pre 06 bikes follows the same general design?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts