FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode my GL1800 Goldwing 16,000 miles in two years and then sold it and bought a 2005 Hayabusa which I have only put 3,500 miles on in a year now. I am going to sell the Busa and buy something that I will get more use out of. I considered putting a deposit down on a 2006 FR1300 before the first of the year, but decided not to due to the lack of rider reports. Has anyone actually ridden the '06 and/or are there any magazine articles or other tests available yet? I think the power/handling/ergos of the FJR1300 would be satisfactory and I am mainly interested in the amount of noise and turbulence behind the new windshield setup.

I rode an ST1300 during the demo rides at the Honda Hoot a couple of years ago and was dissapointed when I could not tell any significant difference in power in the ST1300 and the GL1800 I had just gotten off of. I did love the electric windshield on the ST1300 though. I was surprised to be able to adjust the screen to have equal protection to the Wing but with less turbulence.

At 46 with some back problems, I want a practical motorcycle with at least saddle bags and enough power to be somewhat satisfying. As my hair falls out, I have came to the conclusion that at the end of the day, one of the most important aspects of enjoying a motorcyle is how much noise and turbulence is generated by the fairing/windshield.

Since I have missed the PDP, I will probably end up with an ST1300 or another GL1800, but I am still hoping that the '06 FJR has a pleasing windshield system and that I can find one to purchase at a dealer somewhere. I have a small plane that I use for my business that I would consider traveling to a location where I could ride one. Any information on upcoming events that I would have a chance to ride an '06 FJR?

Thanks in advance for any insight or comments,

too_many_hobbies

[/img]

·
Registered
353 Posts
46.....* * years old , you be a spring chicken on this site mate. Like me at 44. Dont start moaning about yer back for christ sake, we'll never hear the last of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't fall for that since I missed date stuff. Betcha if you call 5 different Yama dealers and ask if they have any coming in that are not spoken for, the'll tell you yes.

Only problem is that you will probably wind up paying MSRP plus about 300 more. They can be found. Tony O Down in Texas odered one the other day if my memory serves me correct.

I know my dealer in Rochester, NY ordered 2 for phantom family members.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be making a purchace tomorrow...

Thanks for all the replies. I am either going tomorrow to pick up an '05 ST1300 or I am going to put a deposit on an '06 FJR that a particular dealer that I found has coming in. I feel that the power and handling of the FJR will be satisfactory. If I put a deposit on an FJR tomorrow, I will be assuming that I can fine tune the aerodynamics with an aftermarket windshield or other tricks. Who knows, maybe Yamaha got it right this time.

My wife thinks I am silly for fretting over purchases like this anyway. I realize that I don't have to be married to this motorcycle. Anyone for a like new Busa? Adult ridden, of course! I may have a used '06 FJR for sale in a year from now if I can't sort out the windshield thing...

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
22 Posts
47 herniated and a bulged disk, join the club. I have a CBR900 that I can ride comfortably. My ST1100 has Heli-Bars and risers, Corbin seat, I can ride all day.

The ST1300 just doesn't do it for me, I know a few guys that traded back for their ST1100!

I wanted a FJR but not the ticking, so I opted for the 06. I guess it's a big decision, but I can't over analyze things. I bought a first year GSXR I saw in the Hotrod magazine, and a first year CBR. I have a good wife, and just need a bigger garage! The 06 makes four bikes and a race car. Four cars/trucks in the driveway have to be parked so saddle bags can clear down the middle!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Powerman,

No doubt, you like toys too! Someone explain to me how to post pictures in a reply and I will show you my two rockets...

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
7,366 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Decided on '06 FJR...

After sleeping on it, I decided to wait for the '06 FJR. I am going to fly my rocket in the background of the pic below (the one in the foreground will fly too) to the dealer tomorrow to pay the deposit.

too_many_hobbies

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Re: Deleting Post?

too_many_hobbies said:
I can't find the delete functionality. Any help?
No worries, mate. A big post count isn't bad for your health, or anything... (I hope)

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.