FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Need to find a pub in a central(ish) location for all who may attend. Close to a Travel lodge or something similar would be good for that all important stop over.

(I always get to drive back when we are travelling on 4 wheels!) :roll:

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Eh Liz wots going on - you been dodgy dealing

Liz = 6 posts and 'wot rides bikes'

Woody = 10 posts and 'training wheels fitted'

Marshman = 12 posts and same as me

Who you paying off then!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woody, it's a secret. :oops:

Keith: glad you've taken note of advice. Where did you prop the mag as you were trying it out?

I reckon you midlanders should sort us a travel lodge or summat.

·
Registered
341 Posts
@Liz, I held the magazine in my left hand. As the article says get in to position early, adjust your speed accordingly and select the correct gear to allow the over take to be completed. It says nothing about having both hands on the bars while you do the manoeuvre.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
So what gear did you select?
A pair of easy iron beige trousers with matching lambswool cardigan, or something a with a more masculine air, such as a leather waistcoat, or possibly a bowling shirt?

·
Registered
341 Posts
@Marshman

A bowling shirt......... at this time of year, you must be joking, that's only allowed in the summer months.

No it was definitely the rufty tufty nasty bikers type of gear, but only one glove as it made it easier to turn the page, which in it self made the overtake difficult. I can't believe they didn't mention that in the article.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ianfr, let me explain the bowling shirt thing. http://www.store5555.com/ebay/S/FJR SHIRT BLACK/Untitled-1.gif

Now about the overtaking thing. Some peeps round here like to sharpen their skills through reading articles in Ride magazine, so from time to time they have to prop it on their handlebars and read it as they go.

Actually they are doing very well and pretty soon will be learning how to get the hang of backmarking without having to stop for a smoke every two minutes.

Anyway. Back to the thread.

OY WOODY AND SUE. YOU SORTED THE VENUE YET?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
@Liz,
What weekends you got then :?: as it's not far away you know :!:
Everyone else get months to do the sorting out ya know :shock:

TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS THEY CAN MAKE THE XMAS DO I NEED SOME DATES TO SEE WHATS AVAILABLE AND QUICK
as there is only a couple of weeks left.

In the mean time I will see about accommodation with a boozer close by ..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.