FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I met a guy with Suzi GS1250 the Raven009 tires. He gets 6k out of the rear and not much more on the front. Although his front looked good, he said on the 1250 the fronts wear fast for him & Thinking it's time to change front soon. I also know someone with an older Honda 996 V2. He has 7k on his Mich PR5s & they look great. It's horsepower and torque that eats tires. The 996 has less of both.
Sounds good to me! Dunlop RS are the longest lasting ties I’ve ever used at around 6k. I chew up most tires by 5500

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Mich.PR4gt is a good handling tire. But the feathering of the front wasn't terrible but getting there for me , but at 5k I could see only 1k or so left to go and it wasn't nice. So I replaced as a set. I did test with the RS4 rear and MPR4 front for a week. It was good. But did not want a new front to collect dust. My 800# 87 Venture w/ rear wheel (93hp-82ft./lbs.)used bias ply tires got ~14k out of them Michelins. FJR eats tires...It's gotta be the instant motion from the EFI engine with less weight, aka more slippage & with running the tires at or near max psi. Even though 95% I am light on the gas. That's my theory:unsure: or bias ply tire last longer....
On the Roadsmarts a few have said they get better handling as they wear. I suspect the front taper-steepness is lessening due to wear . FYI- Roadsmarts are made by Sumitomo tire

·
Registered
323 Posts
Body weight and braking are a factor. For motorcycle, body weight represents a significant percentage of overall weight.

150 lb me / 600 lb FJR = 25% of FJR's weight.
240 lb brother / 600 lb FJR = 40% of FJR's weight.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
532 Posts
My 2nd front PR4 is now at 11,800 miles. I replaced my first at 11,500 miles, and even though there is still thread left, the ride is becoming less comfortable. Very sensitive to uneven surfaces, and a slight vibration in the handlebars at slower speed. Just ordered an Angel GT replacement. I loved the Angel GT rear on my ST1300, but this is my first front Angel.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts