FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Hey Ed, whereabouts was this? State trooper, local yokel?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I’ll find y’all for sure in the fall. We are moving back to Orlando area this month so I’m back to slogging it out of Florida to see you guys. If we ever want to change up and ride somewhere different.....I have found some great roads here in the middle Tennessee area. Not quite the panoramas of the Ozarks but nice roads. There are some acceptable 2 star hotels in Sparta TN which may qualify for Hoon gatherings....

Anyhow.....hope to see you down the road.....

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Wow. Orlando, though. 🤨

·
Registered
33 Posts

Sorry I missed this ride, guys. I was already committed to ride the Natchez Trace Parkway at that time with my Airstream RV friends. I spent 2 weeks on the Parkway and all around the area with beautiful weather, except for one very heavy rain day (which I spent inside an Airstream). The parkway is truly beautiful, but is so smooth, gentle, relaxing and traffic free that you could almost go to sleep while riding it. I look forward to the NoMoSno Fall ride, but in the meantime, if you want a cool place to ride this summer, come on up to the Rockies and ride with me around the Taos, NM area.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
View attachment 78685
Sorry I missed this ride, guys. I was already committed to ride the Natchez Trace Parkway at that time with my Airstream RV friends. I spent 2 weeks on the Parkway and all around the area with beautiful weather, except for one very heavy rain day (which I spent inside an Airstream). The parkway is truly beautiful, but is so smooth, gentle, relaxing and traffic free that you could almost go to sleep while riding it. I look forward to the NoMoSno Fall ride, but in the meantime, if you want a cool place to ride this summer, come on up to the Rockies and ride with me around the Taos, NM area.
Taos area is gorgeous! Georgia O'Keefe knew there was something about the sky and light in northern NM!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hope to see you next time. I rode The Trace several years ago on my Goldwing. It turned out there was a Viper rally there the same weekend. I was riding along puzzline why they chose to bring those cars to a road with such a low speed limit. LOL

I love the Taos area too. I'm thinking would like to go back myself.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Wow. Orlando, though. 🤨
Have to go where business takes us ! Ann Margaret’s business is expanding there (telemedicine stuff) and I can work from the Orlando VA Medical Center which is my old facility.....just worked out that way. The upside is that I have an FJR and driving a couple thousand miles to get somewhere cool with you all is no problem !!! If you recall.....we used to live in Miami :) Maybe I’ll resurrect the Key West FJR Fest next winter !!!

Hey Triumphant Bob , looks like a pretty kickback trip and look forward to seeing you in the fall :)

81 - 89 of 89 Posts