FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Isn't your son Luke, Mr. Silver?
Exactly right, Ed. Luke got a strong work ethic from his mother, I guess. (If I could just talk him into getting a haircut... ) ;) His buddy is a great kid, too.

He's riding my old FZ1 and yeah, he goes pretty good. Makes me a little nervous when he sits flat on the seat and leans way over, but... yeah... fatherly nerves, I guess.

Reactions: Mr_Ed

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
5 WEEKS TO NOMOSNO

The meetup at Mena is 5 weeks away...the roster so far....

CONFIRMED
Boofer
CB1100
Liquidsilver
Mr. Ed
TrainWreck

Possible
Abercrombie
CB1100 brother
OSU 55
Jim W

Am I missing anybody? Time to make your res!!!

Call-out to:
MemphoManiac, TriumpantBob, 2qk4u, Benhameen, Inlaw AND ALL THE TEXAS HOONS, MaximRebel

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Well, bummer; I was just looking at this again and considering it. Then I remembered that my wife's birthday is that weekend. That would have been a mistake. Another time maybe.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
4 Weeks to NoMoSno

No changes in lineup, anybody elseout there want to join us in Mena?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I might head down there. I have to see whats going on with work around that time first. My works really spotty so its hard to tell whats going to happen a month away. Sounds like fun tho

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
3 WEEKS TO NOMOSNO

We are in APril and the meetup at Mena is 3 weeks away...the roster so far....

CONFIRMED
Boofer
CB1100
Liquidsilver
Mr. Ed
TrainWreck

Possible
Abercrombie
CB1100 brother
OSU 55
Jim W
KTM John from St. Louis

Talked to my MSTA buddy John and he has thedate blocked out, is firming up plans....ANYBODY ELSE??

Call-out to:
MemphoManiac, TriumpantBob, 2qk4u, Benhameen, Inlaw AND ALL THE TEXAS HOONS, MaximRebel

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I need to remember to try and text Gene (2qk4u) and John (Topeka's Finest) to see if they can join up.

I've been working with routes. As some have mentioned, the roads are pretty spread out over there. Lots of space between fun stuff, so the routes are longish for groups (400 and change) to get us over Talimena and back, Magazine and 123 etc... so I'll work extra hard at publishing the routes so folks can ride a little more independently if they want. Longish routes are fine with me, but they get wonky if we have a hesitant passer or two, or if folks want to cruise more. Some of the roads over there are so spread out, there are places where we can slightly raise the top speed limit in select stretches.

Reactions: TrainWreck

·
Registered
248 Posts
I actually looked into this a bit to see if I could make it happen. Just not in the cards this year.

Hope you guys have a good safe ride.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I actually looked into this a bit to see if I could make it happen. Just not in the cards this year.

Hope you guys have a good safe ride.
Thanks TrnCo, keep your eyes peeled for our Fall Hoons Ride, we do this 2x/year. Maybe Colorado?:unsure:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
2 WEEKS TO NOMOSNO

Chocolate Easter Bunny ears have done been eaten, 2 weeks to the Mania in Mena...the roster so far....

CONFIRMED
Boofer
CB1100
Liquidsilver
Mr. Ed
TrainWreck

Possible
Abercrombie
CB1100 brother
OSU 55
Jim W
KTM John from St. Louis
MemphoManiac

Heard from MemphoManiac and he is moved to possible, sure hope to see you MM....ANYBODY ELSE??

Call-out to:
TriumpantBob, 2qk4u, Benhameen, Inlaw AND ALL THE TEXAS HOONS, MaximRebel

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
NOMOSNO LAUNCHES IN ONE WEEK

Hey there y'all. 7 days to the meeting of the motorbikes in Mena. Making last minute preparations..I am leaving at dawn on Friday, gonna loop up and do Push and then head down to Mena. Have checked with Benhameen and he cannot make it this year. Chime in if you are coming so we know who to expect. Safe and swift everybody!

CONFIRMED
Boofer
CB1100
Liquidsilver
Mr. Ed
TrainWreck

Possible
Abercrombie
CB1100 brother
OSU 55
Jim W
KTM John from St. Louis
MemphoManiac

....ANYBODY ELSE??

Call-out to:
TriumpantBob, 2qk4u, Inlaw AND ALL THE TEXAS HOONS, MaximRebel

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Woo... I need to order a tire.

I'll get the routes uploaded and posted Monday. :)

As I said before, they are 400-milers which is a lot for a group, but there's a lot more open road over there than our usual hooners.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I’m sad to say that I’m not going to be able to make this trip. Hope you guys have a great time, and I’ll plan to see you all on the fall ride.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I’m sad to say that I’m not going to be able to make this trip. Hope you guys have a great time, and I’ll plan to see you all on the fall ride.
Well I'm sad you won't make it. I was looking forward to chasing you around some more ;) I'm going to start trying to make more of these rides. Maybe in the fall.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Maybe see you on the Fall ride? Have a really good riding season my friend.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have to bow out.....our house sold in like 3 days and now we have to find a new one faster than expected. As much as I would like to see y'all........it would be nicer to have a house to live in :) See you in the fall.......my apologies.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I have to bow out.....our house sold in like 3 days and now we have to find a new one faster than expected. As much as I would like to see y'all........it would be nicer to have a house to live in :) See you in the fall.......my apologies.
Well, it's nice to see where we rate in your priorities.
:cool:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Housing market is crazy hot for sellers now, congrats on the transfer....hope you find a nice mountain-side getaway. Gonna miss you Boofer. See you when the leaves fall. TW

41 - 60 of 89 Posts