FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Hoons....

Anyone up for an April ride? Dates? Locales?
Places we have been to but havent seen for a while....suggestions.
Mena?
Noel?
Piedmont MO?
Appalachia?

Lets hear some suggestions, the old favorites are fine with me as well!

TrainWreck

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Hey buddy. I think Mena would be fun for nostalgia's sake. (I always say that.)

You know this pimple-faced, booger-eatin' web troll is good for anywhere people choose, as long as there's a twisty road nearby. :)

Reactions: TrainWreck

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, Mena might be more aMENAble for those of the Texas pursuasion....its a further ride for us and the TN guys but I like it...

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Yeah, it's a long way over there. So many memories with Rock, Glenn, Mack, Kieth, Wayne, Boggs, GrimReaper, etc. Dry county, too... but we know how to handle that.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am looking at the last weekend of April...first weekend is Easter....the next two weekends are out for me as my younger son is home from the Army those weekends before a year-plus deployment to Japan.

So how does the weekend of April 24-25 sound, or after?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Further for the TN folks....Ha !!! Bring it on TW.....is that all the distance you got?? I happen to know that Death Valley is pretty in April......just sayin.....but if we have to........those darned Ozarks rock. My sister-Uncle-in-Law lives there !!!

Dry counties.....never stopped a Hoon.....only encouraged booze transportation innovation.

Ozark Inn ?

I’m open to any weekend. Later in the month might draw more folks IMHO. 23rd??

Love to see y’all..

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I can probably do the weekend of the 24th. Is there an oldest bike award? I have a longish ride coming up in June, and I'd like to save some FJR rubber for that. I might bring the old ZRX.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I need to hit up a No Mo Snow again. Its been awhile and late April works great.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
April 24th works for me. Wherever.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger...made the call...
What: NoMoSno 2021
When: Weekend of April 23-25
Where: Ozark Inn, Mena AR (479) 394-1100

I made my reservations, less than $60 per night. When you call tell them you are with the Hoons group, hope they will keep us together reasonably. The Hoons are back!!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might join in. AR south of I40 isn't too great of riding.
But we ALWAYS work our way into OKLAHOMA on the Talimena, should be worth it for you just for a return to the native soil!!! Hope you join in my friend.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Is anyone arriving the 22nd? Or is it arrive the 23rd, day ride the 24th, go home the 25th?

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Hey Ed, I plan to arrive that night of the 22nd... and head home on the 25th as long as work permits.

Yeah, there's not as much twisty perfection over there, but there's a lot of relaxed fun stuff that works... and Talimena Drive is like riding in heaven, even though the pavement ain't the greatest.

I wonder if the Limetree Inn is even still open.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dont we usually work Magazine into the ride from Mena?

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Yessiree... speaking of crappy pavement, yes. :lol:

And, historically, you could get an orange shirt in Russelville if you run out of rubber on your tires... from the Suzuki shop that would help on the spot, despite the bastard at the Honda dealer that wouldn't work on other makes. :lol:

There's fun stuff around there. Plus all the memories. :)

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
... and the Ozark Inn. My don't we have a humble masterpiece there!! It might be one star up from my beloved Melbourne Inn, though.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Count me in. Mike Neal from Hot Springs AR. Already booked a room for Friday and Saturday. Bringing the Connie for this trip.
Will try to get my brother from TN to tag along.
Thanks to Ed for the info
Mike, you care to ride over Thursday?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts