FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If tonight's freezing drizzle lets up, I'm hoping for a little cold weather riding tomorrow... but soon the snow and salt will take hold, and I'll be REALLY jonesin' for the next Hoon ride.

Here's what I'm hoping for next year...

Late Jan or Feb: TX Hill Country, or Big Bend ride.
Wifey would want to come along. Almost impossible to predict when this could happen, because all of the planets have to line up with bad weather here, good weather there... and heaps of babysitting available.

April - ish: NoMoSno4
I vote for the same route and location (can't get enough of that Talimena/259 schtuff - and I'd get to do the pig trail on the way home), but whatever/wherever, I'm easy.

May: a quick meet up with Wally's gang would be great

July: Maybe Gassville
Maybe wifey could come along on this one. She's a great/fearless pillion, and is always wanting to go along.

September: Ozark Extreme III

-

If I could get those in... along with 5 or 6 track weekends, a couple of Enduros and hare scrambles, a visit or two to the local MX track... along with the usual Saturday rides the woods and Sunday local street rides... I'll be a happy boy. (but I'll still be wanting more riding - I think it's a sickness)

:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Most excellent Liquidsilver - If I could get half of that in I'd be a most happy camper myself, vacation being what it is. That and I have to get in AT LEAST one AMA race this year (Laguna? VIR? Salt Lake? And let me not forget Barber!)

You are living the life my friend and it is my goal to make a minimum of three of the rides you have listed.

Man I sure wish that I could see the TX outing as a real possibility, having never made it before, but I suspect that might be a bit ambitious 'cause of extra travel days required. Perhaps I am in error tho. Out of curiousity, I'm wondering how many days we're talking about........

All the others are very sound very doable at this point for me and I sure do appreciate you posting - gives a guy something to look forward to already - kinda like an early Christmas present. You're quite the guy Liquid, thank you my friend!

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I forgot about Laguna Seca... and 20valves and I were scheming on how to be among those doing the lane splitting, rather than the ones in the endless parade of cager traffic. (Rent bikes in SD or LA?)

The TX runs would probably be 4-dayers. 2 days trucking and 2 days riding. Big Bend was a solid 18 hours at 80 mph... so wifey and I team drove it. And I can do Kerrville (TX Hill Country) in about 12 hours.

It'd be really nice if I could combine the AMA at Barber with a couple days ON the track!

·
Registered
426 Posts
It hasn't been above 15 F outside my window for at least a week with a 2-inch snow every other day. Easy to clear but not condusive to riding.

Ironically, a guy called yesterday to say he is going to buy my bike. Although I'm looking forward to a change in my riding hardware, I'm already experiencing Seller's Remorse. The nice thing about selling now is that I'll have cash in hand to take immediate advantage of any deals that come my way.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Could be wrong, but somehow I suspect that Mr cat60 is one of those "spam" members that joins forums to make a link to their own website, so as to increase its score with the search engines.

Let's just check his profile to see what his personal website is.................oh look, quelle surprise. :roll:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting Marshman. I'd never heard of that... what a bunch of messed up jacka$$es in the world. :evil:

I guess the moderators will know what to do with that.

- - -

Glenn, if you have to join us at rides without a motorcycle... there ARE worse things you could be stuck with besides a sweet NSX. 8) (yummy)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
It worse that that.... :(
Just found that when you actually click on his personal website it tries to dump a trojan into your computer.
Posted a warning in general chat, and have found another users site that does the same (square297).

Guess some people must find it either profitable or amusing :evil:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That I was. ;)

Ahhh... the finer things in life!

That road is like heaven, even if you have to keep it under 75 on Saturday evenings at around 5pm. ;)

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey fellers, I'm about to pop a date on NoMoSno4. :shock:

I'm waiting for one more detail to lock the cuffs. My April is filling up with stuff so fast, it's not funny. :roll:

(which only means that if the date I get doesn't work, Johnny might hasta miss his first NMS... and we DON'T WANT THAT!! :evil:

Please stand by.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yo there Liquid, looks like I checked back about the right time.

Man I really, REALLY hope it's not the weekend of the races at Barber (Apr 21-23), 'cause that's already a done deal for me. :roll:

·
Registered
426 Posts
A correction is in order. I believe the proper name for this year's romp in Mena should be NoMoSnoFo. However, it should not be confused with the Mo Fo's who attend.

Since Liquid spoke first, we'll let him set the date. My only April conflict concerns Kitty Lips' spring break and maybe I could talk her into a trip to Arkansas so she can see where I'll be spending my retirement. 8)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well, what ever the date will be, I HOPE, and I think 20valves is in the same boat, that the '06's delivery date is on time. :roll: :cry:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
amain said:
NoMoSnoFo. However, it should not be confused with the Mo Fo's who attend.
Niiiice! 8)

Okay, how's APRIL 7, 8 and 9?

Easter weekend is April 14 - 16.
Barber is April 21 - 23.
I have a local thing on April 29th.
April Fools Day might open back up for me, but I'm not sure.

gr8eyes said:
I don't think that will matter to Mack. I've got a feeling the R1 will make the 1st trip to AR.
Are you sure he hasn't snuck over there with that thing already? :wink:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hi kids. I believe those dates will work for me. Not sure which bike I'll bring but should have the FJR by then. That may be the best chance to bring the R1 though since we stay at one place. I think the storage area on the R1 is good for three spark plugs and a piece of gum so NMS III may be the best time to take out ole yeller. I don't know if I'll have had the FJR long enough for it to be broken in anyway.

I've only put 100 miles on the R1 so it's not even broken in. I can't really imagine how many tickets I'd get if I were to violate the beak-in rules.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts