FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
That looks like it was alot of fun!
No worries, the secret route is safe with me 8)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Good ictures the weather looks good too - It is autum here (Fall) so bikes are becomming scarce on the roads...

The lovely Wendy and I got out both saturday and Sunday this weekend covered about 250 random miles. We stopped for a cuppa at Dock Gate 20 Harley Dee shop Saturday and turned a few heads - this bike rocks ;D we rode to Southampton from Poole without going on the Motorway a feat in itself... I forgot my camera so no phots from Sat.

Sunday we did all the twisties along the A30; A350; A354 and some kool B roads too I must plot that ride as it is worth doing again we did Dorset, Hampshire, and wiltshire...

Here are some Phots from sunday...

We will be out on the FJR this weekend comming 19th Nov lol Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my other bike...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Very purdy Nomad (the bike as well as Miss Wendy).

There's a lorra, lorra chrome there to polish.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I happen to have one of those in my garage right now. :lol:

I rode it home while the dealer is doing the 600-mile checkup on the Duc. It's fine, but waayyyyy to heavy for bumper-to-bumper city traffic.

And the dealer has open pipes on it - they sound like craaaaaapppp. I might not mind riding the thing, if not for the awful noise! It sounds like a 1975 Plymouth Volare with the slant-6, and the muffler fallen off. Either that or one of those annoying diesel pickups with open pipes.

Anyways, the thing is pretty - tho not as pretty as yours. It's like a chrome locomotive on two wheels.

Everyone at the dealership marvels at the power it makes... and warns me about it, ad nauseum. But I'm accustomed to the FJR, R1, ST4S and WR450... so it's not earth shattering for me. It takes more effort to get the front wheel up than ANY of the aforementioned. :wink:

Sorry, didn't mean to make a bike review... your pictures and pillion are LUVVLY! :D

:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Wendy preferes the FJR by a long mile - everytime.

The acceleration is awsome - the power is similar to the FJR and very Torqieee great fun - but when it comes to touring and fun in the mean twisties it is a bit cumbersom - I have already warn the right blob down to the peddle and the left is not far behind.

If you are an FJR pilot the power is nothing new, and the weight is as well balanced as that on the FJR so no real problem there either - just gotta work out what to do with your feet lol

The thing that makes my Pillion so Luverly is the fact that she is happy to ride pillion with me on whatever I choose to ride over any distance any weather she is always there with me. LUVVELY

·
Registered
558 Posts
Tis' true Nomad, my respect for the pillion people went up ten-fold last Tuesday when i rode pillion with a mate of mine on a CBR 600!!, he gave me a lift to pick my bike up from the Tyre shop, I nearly crapped myself, had no faith in him whatsoever, tried to ride the bike for him from the rear seat, felt like I was sitting 3 feet higher than him perched on a bar stool, sod all to grab at the back, had hold of the bottom of his jacket so tight I nearly lifted him off the bike at one stage after a *brisk* take off. Never have I been so glad to get on my own bike, with my life in my hands, as a pillion I was absolute crap, so huge respect to all our luverly ladies who sit there whilst we amuse ourselves on the twisties and during those "I can make that gap" style overtakes..

·
Registered
54 Posts
I must agree with you Sherlock that back seat can be the worst place in the world. The good woman in my life hadn't been on the back of a bike since she was a teenager (some years have past since then!) and she had a bad experience then. But with some gentle coaxing, the addition of an intercom and a top box for a bit more security she is starting to enjoy the FJR now. So good on 'em (where is the volume control for the intercom again?) :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
got out again this weekend - it has been a while since I was on the FJR but what a brilliant bike to ride...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Great photo's guys gotta agree with the respect for the pillions.Those ladies certainly put a lot of trust in us guys especially when we get the bit between our teeth. The Austrian trip springs to mind Nomad Sherlock i'm looking at you.
Nomad i've finally sorted out a return route from Turkey which i think will please everyone will send all an email

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.