FJR Owners Forum banner

Next challange, rear suspension broken dog bone.

10K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  BlueRider 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, we lost a dog bone (need the correct name) right next to the house.
So here is my next challange. 😇😊
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim Automotive design

See less See more
#36 ·
A update. The bike is stripped to a point where there is less weight at the rear.
Checking swing arm bearings as well.
Using a ladder as A frame and supporting the motor a bit.
Now I cannot get the Relay arm off, the spacer seems stuck.
Some Advice please? 😊
Pics of bike strapped down and Relay arm left and right sides.
Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Bicycle part Auto part

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle brake Bicycle chain

#37 ·
I'd first undo the rest of the relay arm at rear shock.... spray some penetrant on the spacer, it should loosen up...... AND, you don't have to remove it completely to get the relay arm off. Don't know if you got enough meat there to get some pliers on it to wiggle it a bit.

Reactions: Tommy100sa
#39 ·
I'd be inclined to heat it up with a map torch and see if it moves. If you were in the US where parts are easy to get I would just cut the whole pivot assembly right down the middle and replace it to avoid doing any sort of damage to the frame it is mounted to.

Reactions: Tommy100sa
#41 ·
Some feedback.
Rear end system reassembled, exhausts and radiator back first start and run test fine.
Then returned top fearing and tested lights, tested pass high beam switch and engine dies, turn signal Dash lights on main beam light on with varied fuel level. =
Heart attack..
Runs off to search forum, found ground spider thread. Looks like s4.
Sigh.. Fuel tank comes off to morrow. 😅😐😇

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.