FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
The decals on the saddlebags are simply impressive arn’t they, I have them on my bike as well, highly recommended !

on the “t” & “s” modes, I rode my 14 pretty much for the 1st year in “t” mode because the “s” mode just seemed too snatchy. But after the first year I started using the “s” and after I got used to it now I mostly ride in it except in the rain or other slick surface conditions or if I’m tired, like after a long day in the saddle.

initially I thought that the modes thing was just tech stuffed added for the sake of just because they can, but now 7 years (hard to believe!) later I’m happy to have it.

the only other thing I would add is that you know that other than color, I believe the wheels are the same so your dark side can be added by simply painting them to match whichever way you‘d like, personally I’d get them powder coated because the oe paint is pretty brittle & easily chipped. My .02, and again enjoy but that 2020 Mustang (with a v8) could be a lot of fun as well 😈😈🤑

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
2008 and up wheels work on 2013 and up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have! The T mode is pretty good for most riding I think. More sedate even than my '07. The S mode however is mighty, ain't it? I had some fun with that.
The S mode is great fun but it will blow your rear tire budget.😁

Haynes

Reactions: BlueRider

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've been reading the instructions for the digital display. Very confusing to me, mostly I hope b/c it's new. But it seems to be a typically overly complicated way of doing things. I tend to be a simpler-is-gooder kind of guy.
I realize you are comparing to your 07, but actually, by todays standards Russ, that is a very simplistic display !
Youll think so too, in a short time.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Russ, again congrats ! On the 1st gear “clunk” I assume you’re talking the initial from cold start shift into 1st. If so, for me I have found if I pull the clutch in and give the throttle a couple of quick/light blips my 14 just snips quietly into gear,,,,,,, most of the time !
This does indeed work. I soaked my clutch soon after buying the bike, which was typical back then, and 8 years later it still works as above !

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Some good work done today:

swapped stock for touring windshield. Got battery tender & gps cable/mount assy off the '07 and onto the '13. Disabled the old FOBO TPMS on my phone and paired with the ones the '13 came with. Noticed a few things along the way. Things like mirror mount extensions, a Penske rear shock and the little flap thing between the rear wheel and the relay arm. This bike is getting better all the time!

Tomorrow is a ride through southern Virginia to meet Ken the HD Guy for lunch. If anyone's interested, Red Robin. Roanoke, VA. 2pm.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats Russ! I think you'll find the Gen III a noticeable upgrade to your '07. That is a good looking and well farkled FJR. Enjoy.

As for the Sport and Tour mode debate...... I find Tour mode completely useless. Sport mode is the same as my '04 and '09 FJR without any choice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cool. My next FJR purchase will be a 2013. Can't give up the '04 yet though. Still love it. (y)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
One of the things that they did on the 2013’s that I really like is that they painted the gas tank surround & side covers body color, I really like it, a subtle but positive thing.

If I keep my “fastest color red” 14 I think I’m either going to have to locate some red side covers or just paint mine. I did a carbon fiber wrap on the tank surround that I think provides a nice contrast.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
The side covers also got a nice black accent stripe on the '13's that no other model got.........

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So what's the name of the '13 color, yellowish gray metallic? I was in bright sunshine today and I called it algae green :oops:. It isn't gray like when in the shade. It definitely looks like dark algae or moss. You know, the long slimy kind in fresh water creeks. Like this pic 2013 fjr - Google Search

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
I believe in the US it was called Stone Gray, and Euro called it yellowish metallic gray. Very unique and does have some green hint to it.
Yammie had funny names for root beer too.... In Euro called it Magnetic Bronze, and in Canada called it Very Dark Orange Metallic.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Us here in the US we just called it candy cow pie 😁 (it is a nice color !) Will never understand why they never offered it here. Like some have said it’s a shame that yammyhaw never offered a choice in a years colors .

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
Us here in the US we just called it candy cow pie 😁 (it is a nice color !) Will never understand why they never offered it here. Like some have said it’s a shame that yammyhaw never offered a choice in a years colors .
Jealousy will get you nowhere, I'm just happy Canada didn't get the Lipstick Pink.

Reactions: Little Joe
21 - 40 of 56 Posts