FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welp, I done it! Made an offer on a buddy's 37K mile 2013 FJR A. He's upgraded to a big Indian- much better fit he feels for his riding style and his wife & kids' comfort. Going to pick it up this evening. I sure am looking forward to a cruise control! Wish me luck! Not looking forward to visiting my insurance guy or the DMV. And taxes! Dammit!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Luck is for the ill prepared sir. Welcome to the Thrice Generation. We don't have cookies though...

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Good on ya, Russ!! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Reactions: maximrebel

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welp, I done it! Made an offer on a buddy's 37K mile 2015 FJR A. He's upgraded to a big Indian- much better fit he feels for his riding style and his wife & kids' comfort. Going to pick it up this evening. I sure am looking forward to a cruise control! Wish me luck! Not looking forward to visiting my insurance guy or the DMV. And taxes! Dammit!!
That’s what I have..freakin love the color. Throw a tinted screen and some carbon cans on er’... she’ll turn heads!🤘🏼

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas! Don't know WTH I was thinking- I knew it's a 2013, not a '15. Penske shock, GIVI topcase & rack, engine guards with hwy pegs, FREAKIN' CRUISE CONTROL!!. He tossed in the saddlebag guards, touring windshield, service manual, some extra parts he'd purchased for maintenance. Even had the original body covers for when the saddlebags are removed. Damn good price- he's happy and so am I.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats, I STILL miss my 2013 and cruise control indeed (though I love the '08 I currently have). PICS or it didn't happen!!!

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,279 Posts
Congratulations, Russ!!! Sounds like a good deal all around. You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Congrats Russ, glad to hear of your fortune ! Going to be interested in your thoughts after a bit! Don’t know how you’re going to deal with giving up that beautiful 07 color though, maybe keep the 07 ?

seems very well farkled so probably not much needed to make it yours. Ivan can of course fix the cruise control limiter (85mph) if your so inclined but frankly I’ve never used the cruise on my 14 at those speeds but I’ve become pretty mild on such things in the last 10yrs or so. Have fun & enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pop back in after about 4 years away at the exact moment RBent ( Russ) buys a new bike??? And a 2013 to boot the greatest of them all??? Congrats Russ. How long before you take her over to the "darkside" and get that car tire mounted?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congratulations, oh ya nice color! Not sure In would call the Indian an upgrade but a nice bike. I came off a Victory for the FJR, world of difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the hijack: Need help. Russ -- or any of the other long time regulars-- (Liquidsilver are you still out there? Still running bikes around that track?) Is there anyone I can reach out to to get a "Bike For Sale" post approved and out of limbo so that it gets posted? I created the post yesterday and it is still waiting for approval. Thanks for any help offered.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the hijack: Need help. Russ -- or any of the other long time regulars-- (Liquidsilver are you still out there? Still running bikes around that track?) Is there anyone I can reach out to to get a "Bike For Sale" post approved and out of limbo so that it gets posted? I created the post yesterday and it is still waiting for approval. Thanks for any help offered.
Sorry, can't help help you. I resigned my moderator duties some time back. Got tired of the whiny-ass grown ups. LOL.

Everyone, I appreciate the well-wishes. I'm very excited! Did all the run-around today for title transfer, registration & plate, etc. And squeezed in a little ride. Did I mention it has FREAKIN' CRUISE CONTROL? Works like a charm. For the curious:

• no car tire, at least for this year. And maybe next. Gotta see if I can scored a rear rim on the cheap.
  • impressions so far, as compared to my ancient '07:
much easier clutch pull and throttle twist. Especially the throttle. Smoother shifting except 1st gear. Still the same ole clunk there. Digital display have me thoroughly baffled but I haven't read the instructions yet.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been reading the instructions for the digital display. Very confusing to me, mostly I hope b/c it's new. But it seems to be a typically overly complicated way of doing things. I tend to be a simpler-is-gooder kind of guy.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Russ, again congrats ! On the 1st gear “clunk” I assume you’re talking the initial from cold start shift into 1st. If so, for me I have found if I pull the clutch in and give the throttle a couple of quick/light blips my 14 just snips quietly into gear,,,,,,, most of the time !

As far as the dash controls & menu’s go, I agree, things just aren’t intuitive to use, I can bumble through it but it makes little sense. It does seem that Yamaha did things just because they can, not because it’s easy to use, great bikes overall though. How many years do you think it’ll be before you pickup your next Gen 3.5/4 ? Have you decided what you’re going to do with your 07 ?

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Russ, again congrats ! On the 1st gear “clunk” I assume you’re talking the initial from cold start shift into 1st. If so, for me I have found if I pull the clutch in and give the throttle a couple of quick/light blips my 14 just snips quietly into gear,,,,,,, most of the time !

As far as the dash controls & menu’s go, I agree, things just aren’t intuitive to use, I can bumble through it but it makes little sense. It does seem that Yamaha did things just because they can, not because it’s easy to use, great bikes overall though. How many years do you think it’ll be before you pickup your next Gen 3.5/4 ? Have you decided what you’re going to do with your 07 ?
I'm starting to swap a few things over- gps, peg lowerers and such. Think I'll keep the factory exhaust, at least for a while. Then I'll sell the '07. Somebody somewhere will want it. I figure I'll ride this until I can't an decide then what direction to take. Saw a bee-yoo-ti-ful 2020 Mustang convertable the other day. Deep burgundy. Just sayin' ;).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dabbled with Sport and Touring mode yet ? hehehehe

1 - 20 of 56 Posts