FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My user name is barryc. This spring I am getting 06 FJR. My last bike was 05 FZ1. I had a little problem with an oak tree, I was playing Valentino Rossi on the street and ended up with broken leg, 6 ribs, scapula, clavicle, and a punctured lung. Other than that I'm just fine.
I am looking forward to the new fjr and hopefully some self control with the throttle. I will by asking lots of questions on this forum, just as I did on the fz1 owners site. The first mod I would like to do is exhaust and power commander. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Barry

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Hi Barryc,
Welcome to the fold.
Any questions you have will be answered with expertise.

I hope you are feeling better and since you had a FZ1 are you from over the pond?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome

Welcome aboard Barry. I followed a similar route to you from a Fazer 1000 to an FJR, but without the detour via the trees. Hope you are fully recovered now.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
You'll love the FJR, Barry.

Compared to the fizzy; a little more comfort, a little less ground clearance, a little less peaky in the engine bay, not quite as nimble, but tons of torque in the middle... and you tend to be going faster than you feel like you are... and you'll feel like it's easier to keep a brisk pace.

Ridden back to back with an FZ, the FJR feels wider and heavier... but after a few miles you don't feel the difference.

I had both for a couple years and I loved them both.

The FJR won't suppress your inner 'Mr. Hyde' though, so stay away from those trees, K?

If you're ever down here at the gateway to the Ozarks, lemme know and we'll tear up some tires.

You're not too far from Joliet, either... and there's a swell little track over there with lots of dates. I should be there a time or three next year...

Cheers and welcome.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Liquidsilver,

That track in Joilet is the Autobahn Country Club. I have been on that track several times at numerous track days. I have never seen an FJR on the track. I plan on riding mine on the track because I just love how you can get to know your machine on a track. When I rode the FZ1, I was in the front of tha novice class. Now I will go to the back again with the FJR. If you come up this way this summer, let me know and we will be sure to hook up at the track.

Thanks Barry

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
If you take an FJR out on Autobahn, I'll spot you. ;)

STT?

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts