FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Rafal and yesterday I have bought a FJR 1300A '03, here it is:
http://www.bikepics.com/members/rfk76/03fjr1300/

I took a frist ride yesterday - I did about 350 km.

Probably I will have many question to you all, but my first is related to Power Commander. Should I leave it on, when 80% of time I am riding inside the city? Most of my motorcycle usage is a everyday transport to work (20 minutes), longer trips I can only take during the weekend or vacation.
Or for fuel saving I should turn it off? or load some economic map? What map would you recommend me?

Thanks in advance, best regards from Warsaw, Poland,

rfk

·
Registered
297 Posts
the PCIII is easy to disconnect only two cables to swap and of course reconnection of the o2 sensor cable - why not try it without the PCIII then you will see how much smoother the bike is with it installed all the time ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you all for your help.
Few last questions on this topic:
I have just uploded 'Smoothness' Map By Wally Kilburg , but I haven't found the information if the oxygen sensor should be connected or disconnected while using this map? I assume it should be disconnected, as Power Commander producer requests, but I'd like to be sure.
Zero Map - when it's uploaded Power Commander behaves like it's not installed, right? Like it wasn't there? Bike is runing on it's oryginal settings, right?
I am a litte bit worried about mpg - during last few days inside the city I get 27 mpg (sic!) [8,5 liters/100 km] :( I do not think it's ok... Could it be because O2 sensor was connected? (I have already disconnedted it)

Kind regards,

rfk

PS. After changing tires from D208 to BT020 I finally have a lot of fun, comfort and I feel save on FJR. Some other feeling after changing from FZ6 Fazer is that reverse drive would be nice in FJR ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed Power Commanders on every fuel-injected bike I've owned. The response at under 50% throttle power is much smoother and crisper. Well worth the money.

I did experience a decrease in gas mileage of about 4 miles per gallon; from around 44-45 (regular) to about 40 mpg.

I use the 'smoothness' map year 'round and have no complaints. The 1300 is used for year-round commuting.

The 'throttle accelerator' settings I turned off since my milage decreased another 2-3 mpg when I used it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just went for a ride with a bud yesterday. Two FJR's. Mine an '04, his an '03. Both with Power Commanders. He says when I git on mine he can smell a rich mixture just for a moment. I use the Accelerator Pump function, he doesn't. I get pretty common on the 34 MPG range even riding 2 up and being a vigorous rider. I kind of like the kick in the butt acceleration when I hit the throttle.

Slider said:
I installed Power Commanders on every fuel-injected bike I've owned. The response at under 50% throttle power is much smoother and crisper. Well worth the money.

I did experience a decrease in gas mileage of about 4 miles per gallon; from around 44-45 (regular) to about 40 mpg.

I use the 'smoothness' map year 'round and have no complaints. The 1300 is used for year-round commuting.

The 'throttle accelerator' settings I turned off since my milage decreased another 2-3 mpg when I used it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts