FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm a proud new member of this forum and a proud new owner of a 2015 FJR1300ES in liquid graphite! :grin2:

Can anyone tell me how to post pics that don't end up side ways?

Attachments

Reactions: IHBiker

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome, from one newbie to another. Looks like we bought the same bike in the same month. Any mods planned?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice looking bike...welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great looking bike...looks just like my 2015 FJR1300 ES bought on August 4 :-D

A little warning, if I may....I just completed my 600mi first check up and oil changes, but at 250miles all four front fender screws vibrated loose to the point I lost one (dealer is replacing it). All to say you may want to do a "little tightening" of any screw you see within reach, at 100miles or so.

Safe travels. I am loving mine...already up to 750miles in a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Man.... I feel really .... old......<sigh>

Welcome aboard young man. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts

A little warning, if I may....I just completed my 600mi first check up and oil changes, but at 250miles all four front fender screws vibrated loose to the point I lost one (dealer is replacing it). All to say you may want to do a "little tightening" of any screw you see within reach, at 100miles or so.

Congrats. Those screws vibrating loose was a dealer prep error, so it is best if they are replacing them. I would advise all with a new FJR Gen III that you spend some time watching videos at http://twowheelobsession.com/category/howto/
Everthing Bryan does from oil change to throttle body sync.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the OEM touring pack as my first add-on. The only mods i'm considering right now are 1. solution for mounting my phone somewhere on the bars, reservoir, or steering nut OR running 12v outlet to the touring pack. and 2. more comfortable seat. Otherwise, stock seems to do me fine. Coming from cruisers, I'm blown away at the comfort, power and handling of this machine!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how did you flip the pic?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks - good heads up!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
What makes you feel old? A 35 year old riding a motorcycle???
Perhaps.... :grin2: I just remember those years and wonder what the heck happened? :crying:

LOL.... No regrets here, just aching bones. You will figure it out in about 20 - 25 years -hehe

Enjoy that bike sir! Glad to have ya here. It is nice to see someone a bit younger realize that the FJR is a top-notch bike for many occasions and not the "Geriatric cycle" some seem to think it is. :grin2:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flipping the pic

I'm on a mac. the original pic is rightside up - i did that in preview. But when i post to the site, it always ends up sideways no matter which way the orientation was originally.

not sure which operating system you're using.

Windows: Windows paint
Mac: Preview

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm in the Philly area.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HAHA! I had no idea that younger folks are not riding this bike. I've never given a **** about that. My Voyager I had before wasn't a young person magnet either. I buy bikes after extensive review and test-drive. I buy what I like and bikes that I will enjoy wrenching on - not ones that force me to! ;)

Reactions: Random-Cyclist
1 - 20 of 21 Posts