FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As carried over from the old site.

The mobile fuel monitor that plugs into the PC3 while riding the bike should be available around April 06 so you can adjust your own map just like the racers do.

Also a duel/multi channel Power Commander is coming so you can load more than one map at a time and pick which you want to use, very useful for sports tourer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
My concern with the blip in power at or around 3000 rpm is minimal. My desire is to have a setup that can be changed on the fly, when touring. To maximize performance when I want it in the twisties, and to maximize mileage when I am running the slab.
Looks like the technology is just about ready to meet those demands.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
I often carried a tiny laptop in the saddlebag, and could change maps out on the road. I wasn't going to starve the engine for fuel economy, though.

:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Woody
Live with what you have by the time you fecked about changing the map I would have been long gone into the distance ,I may have used slightly more fuel and my bike may have been a little bit more lumpy but I would have still had a big smile on my face at no more cost !!

·
Registered
704 Posts
rocketdoc said:
Sounds like waiting for the next level of technology might just have been a good idea.
I don't need nor want any other maps, or to be able to adjust it on the fly like racers do....as the PC has made all the difference in the world to the ridability of my 06FJR...and I wouldn't change a thing or touch a thing.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
So, which map are you running in your PCIII then, Starcruiser?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
So, which map are you running in your PCIII then, Starcruiser?
I got my bike dynotune with it's own custom map, If you interested in it, I'll be glad to share it you...just give me you email address..But beware as it will only work on the new PC for the 06 models.........Otherwise, walley's smoothness map is readily available for 05s and before..

I also have

1. K&N filter
2. Holeshot Headers & cans

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Yeah, a custom map ought to be good. I don't need it, but you could upload it to a file site and let other guys try it. I'm familiar with all the maps for '03s - '05s. I made several myself.

I was also one of the guys that bothered Dale Walker ad nauseum, to design the header for the FJR. And you get to enjoy one, cool.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Starcruiser by many of your comments I don't think you understand how many talented and knowledgeable people there are that contribute to this site.
Many have been around as "waiters" for the release of the first 03's.
Plus all the great insight form across the pond from those lucky enough to be able to purchase an FJR before the release in the states.
Liquid's Power Commander map was always my favorite to run. Yes I did try Wally's smoothness map too.
I also like my Cee Bailey windscreens so keep your bridge.
I've also noticed over the years that people who really had great ideas
and wonderful helpful advice quit the forum after people like yourself
typed before they thought and offended them.
Try not to be such a hater man.

·
Registered
704 Posts
pluric said:
I've also noticed over the years that people who really had great ideas
and wonderful helpful advice quit the forum after people like yourself
typed before they thought and offended them.
Try not to be such a hater man.
If I've offended any of you or if anyone has offended you in an internet chat room,,,,you need to go down to you local Dept of Mental heath to seek help.

IF you study most of my post you will see definite sense of humor with a little sarcasm mixed in. Life is boring enough without being serious.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
starcruiser said:
you need to go down to you local Dept of Mental heath to seek help.
Now THAT's funny!! :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
@Starwars, I don't know why I bother but, I don't participate in other chat rooms so I don't have a great feel for what the atmosphere is suppose to be like.I have always been impressed with the FJR site because of the
gentlemanly way most conduct themselves. Sure there is some rib poking
and teasing and people take it with great humor. I don't believe I'm the only one who takes your abusive remarks as "just kidding" after the fact.
I once mildly stirred the political pot and quickly found out how strong feelings are in that direction and wisely avoided that area.
Back when they had the popcorn emoticon available whole threads would be kidnapped (like this one) and a couple of guys would go at it. All it
ever seemed to accomplish was that you lost any respect for the participants opinions when you discovered how wacked out they were.
I just enjoyed the friendly site without your personal opinions on the looks of English women, the Limeys, and how retired people choose to spend their money and how if it's not your product of choice it must be shit.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
Hey Pluric, you wanna borrow some of mine?

Lemme know if you need more, I'll start popping.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts