FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems that I won a Ebay 06 FJR! 800+ miles on it for $13250...more than I wanted to pay but still saved me at least $1500+-. Waiting to hear from the seller so I can arrange pickup ect.

Few questions for ya all. I haven't rode in 30+ years but back then I had a 74 Z-1 which I road about 44k miles in 2 years. Many all day trips from SoCal to Washington winter and summer. So many things have changed since then...we just had Levi jackets and reg. boots and when it was cold just lavered up and froze! Helmets...whell there was Bell, I had a Star which was full face.

My questions are..Looked at a Shoei RF1000, fit really good and seams to be a high quality helmet. Best price I have found is $331, is that the best I can do?

Layered jackets..which brands should I look at and best place to buy. I don't want flashy ones!

Gloves opnions?

Extended Warrenty..best $$ on line?

Any other advice would be welcome!

Thanks, Cary

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
The shoei RF-1000 is a great helmet.

Google " New Enough Leathers". Alot of guys here buy from them.

There are alot of different opinions on gear.

I would look at Joe Rocket. First Gear, Fieldsheer (cheaper), Cortech,
and of course Aerostitch (expensive)

Lots of gloves do the trick, I would look at some with armor on the knuckles, such as Carbon Fiber or Titanium.

Glenn

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

I have changed to a X Eleven after trying one on, very comfortable and fits perfect once I changed the cheeck pads to medium.

I tried a Joe Rocket jacket but I have been thinking about going with a Tourmaster Transition, anyone had one of these jackets?

Now for the bad news...Bike arrived in perfect condition except was on reserve :shock: :x and the owner never regestered it ! Now I will have to wait untill I get the pink before I can get it regestered...about a month!!! :( :x

O'well it sure looks good sitting there and it gives me time to find the deals on gear for myself and my wife :lol:

Cary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts