FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined here today and have been cramming my head full of FJR info because I plan to buy one when I find the right bike. Not new to Yamahas at all, I bought my 05 silver FZ1 in 2007 and two years ago added a blue 04 FZ1 to the stable. It would break my heart to sell either one of those, I hear they only bring tears now anyway so I guess they will be staying around.
I've always wanted an FJR and since I'll soon be 64 years old, I figure it's now or never. There's a very clean 2014 less than 200 miles from me that's at the top of my list, just waiting on the guy to get home from a trip so maybe we can get together.
I want to thank everyone here for all the knowledge I'll be soaking up and also thank everyone making this excellent forum possible. I'll shut up now, carry on.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just,

Wecome to the sandbox! Pull up a seat, and relax.

I would recommend that with everything else, get a list of all services done, and when, whether by a shop, the bike owner, or other mechanic types. It is also good to get a list of any upgraded items on the bike, and who/where they came from. For example, an updated rear shock may have a warrantee beyond the bike itself, and it's a waste of time to ask Yamaha to fix any other peoples' gadgetry. If the price suits you, get one with cruise control, and other features that you may want. Here is a year-by-year list of factory improvements, over time. Download the .PDF, and zoom in (a lot). The Zoom buttons are at the very bottom of the .PDF file.

https://www.africatwinforum.com/attachments/fjrcomparo-pdf.54336/

Good hunting!

Reactions: justacrossthehill
1 - 3 of 3 Posts