FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anticipated, BMW have developed the new K1200S platform into a sports tourer version, possibly to be called the K1200GT.

Some early info here:-

http://bmwk1200s.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2038

Looks like the FJR will now have a serious contender.

There was nothing at the UK Motorcycle Show, but Milan is next week ......

·
Registered
85 Posts
richfjr said:
As anticipated, BMW have developed the new K1200S platform into a sports tourer version, possibly to be called the K1200GT.

<snip> looks like the FJR will now have a serious contender.

<snip>......
Not with*that* fairng design they won't. News flash: the FJR has had "serious" competition since it was introduced. Just a matter of personal choice as to which way to go.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Wow, maybe then the S/T class can enjoy the numb steering of that design. Everything I've read about that package says it's not quite fully cooked yet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My...
How... distinctive.

I'd learn to like it if there is some evidence that the chosen fairing can make me invisible to LEOs.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Doesn't look that bad to me. :?:

No guesses on what that front end would feel like, tho.

Those are some pretty stonkin' HP/torque figures. Makes me wonder what kind of power the FJR 'could' deliver, if Yammie would just let the dang cat out of the bag.

There's no way I'd buy a beemer living where I do... I hear the local dealers leave a lot to be desired.

((dang, I just lost my training wheels! I feel so... experienced now))

:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been hearing rumblings that it will cost 2K and upwards to replace the hossack frt shock if fitted with the electronic suspension, and that it will need replacing every two years or so depending on mileage, ie maybe 30K.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I like the look of it, and after riding the 'S' having that kind of juice available is pretty sweet. BUT....the initial cost will be considerably higher than the FJR, and maintenance costs will also be in the clouds as well.
I look forward to a decent test flight on that bike, but doubt I would ever put one in the stable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts