FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gen 1 came with only one key, and it was not factory. It was glitchy in all of the cylinders. One side works better than the other. Not a good candidate for cloning.
I found an online key service that can make keys by code, or as it was in MY case, from a photograph.
They got my make, model and year info and asked me to send them a pic of the key.
I just got my new key and it works perfectly in all cylinders! Worth every penny of the 35 bucks. Now I have one I can use as a master for copies.

Now I need to find a place on the bike to stash a spare. Maybe in a marker light that only requires a screwdriver to access.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
3,017 Posts
Swallow the spare key. As soon as it passes, swallow it again. Repeat until you stop losing your keys. Hiding a key on a bike is as dumb as binding a key outside your house.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
2003 FJR1300 Liquid Silver
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swallow the spare key. As soon as it passes, swallow it again. Repeat until you stop losing your keys. Hiding a key on a bike is as dumb as binding a key outside your house.
Just for that, I'm not telling YOU where I hide it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
You could keep a spare key in the glove box. They're easy to get into with gentle prying with a pocket knife of flat head screw driver.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
I normally keep a key in my inside pocket of my AeroStich suit. However I when I went to SanDiego and decided to were my mesh suit I got into trouble as I lost my key in the parking lot. Lucky someone found it and turned it in. Going to have to get another one made and keep it in my mesh jacket

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
I have a key sewn into the lining on each of my riding jackets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts