FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to say i've joined the club with an 09 FJR.
I have a list of questions and am reading through www.fjr1300.info

So far a fun ride!
Thanks all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Happy to say i've joined the club with an 09 FJR. I have a list of questions and am reading through. So far a fun ride! Thanks all
JJDBA,

Welcome to the sandbox! :cool: Pull up a seat, and relax. Nice looking bike.

In case you run out of things to read this winter, there are several FJR forums and FJR tech sites out there, also. Always good to ask questions; chances are, somebody has had the same issue before you, and they may have the right answer for you. There are no pat answers for engine oil or tires, of course.
:roll:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far i know the bike i bought had a dead battery, the broken off bar ends i asked about elsewhere and the luggage was so crudded up i couldn't get any of the three off. Some elbow grease fixed the bags, i got the broken bar ends out too.
Going to do the auto-retract windshield disable thing today, change some fluids and wax it up some this winter. Battery YT-14B-BS should be here tomorrow. Got a lead for the warm and safe gear to put on with the new batt.

Fun bike, definitely more room for me and the Mrs 2up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully your winter will be short and spring riding will come early in 2021. After 2020, we all deserve it!

Reactions: passx

·
Registered
263 Posts
So far i know the bike i bought had a dead battery, the broken off bar ends i asked about elsewhere and the luggage was so crudded up i couldn't get any of the three off. Some elbow grease fixed the bags, i got the broken bar ends out too.
Going to do the auto-retract windshield disable thing today, change some fluids and wax it up some this winter. Battery YT-14B-BS should be here tomorrow. Got a lead for the warm and safe gear to put on with the new batt.

Fun bike, definitely more room for me and the Mrs 2up.
what gear do you plan on>> Gloves or heated jacket or both ??
BTW my best friend from HS soooo many years ago is the mayor in a small town in ID .

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300A
29 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Idaho rider.
Love the black FJR!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
8,702 Posts
Buncha you PNW guys.... attend the next Auburn tech day (whenever that might be) and hook up with some other great PNW guys. I love riding in that area WA, ID, OR, MT, WY. Could spend weeks there (and have).

Reactions: cra-z1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts