FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow got my FJR a week early. First time I rode it this afternoon. loved the ride. I had a Busa but a pickup driver took her from me. by turning left in front of me. I was only doing 30 and wearing my Helmet. Nothing Broken ,Lucky me. I have been reading up on the FJR and the only neg. I can find is the Heat from the engine .. yes that is true really Hot living in Fl.. Can we add the 06 diverters ? I hope..

allready equiped with the Risers thanks owner.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Re: New Happy Member

Victour said:
I had a Busa but a pickup driver took her from me. by turning left in front of me.
DANG! I just got done reading about a sheriff's deputy that was killed within the last day or two in FL, off-duty, on his motorcycle, riding with his girlfriend/wife. :(

While I was there a few days ago(western FL), riding a Hardley Ableson around, I must've seen 10 such accidents between cagers. WTF is up with that? I've never seen any place like it. Forget about riding like you're invisible, you have to ride like they're aiming for you. :roll: (even in a cage)

Welcome to the board. I take it you're on an '03 - '05?

FWIW - I found my air-cooled dual-sport to be miserably hot down there... I'd probably leave my windscreen in the garage 9 months a year, if I lived there. The Harley was too miserable to ride with the (removable) windshield on.

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A cage pulled across in front of them. at least we know they were happy at the time. and it is a Shame that cages don't watch out for us. It is hard to figure what they are going to do .Daytona went pretty well because only 18 people were killed and there were something like 275 accidents. some were single or between bikes but I am sure cages were also involved. It's not the old folks but, the kids on the cell phones that think they own the road..I stayed home on leesburg weekend because I was not going to drive my Pickup..There are plenty of events to attend and now I can attend the ones farther from Home. after hitting the Pickup 2 weeks ago I almost stop at a intersection.. Sad.. My Bike is a 05 with 4500 well treated miles. Hope to put on quite a few this month

1 - 3 of 3 Posts