FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Taking delivery of my new 2005 FRJ1300 tomorrow. I work in Sydney but live on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia (Gosford Area).

Sold my last bike (BMW 1200CL) about a year ago and can't wait to get the FJR (and get through the run in period).

Any info on Sydney based FJR Owner groups would be appreciated, plus any other advice for a FJR newbie.

Thanks and Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome Bigdaddy, I'm sure you will enjoy the bike. Ther are lots of FJR's around Sydney but we don't seem to attract to many of them to the web site for some reason. I live over at Silverdale (sth west Sydney), we have Jimdavo over Picton way (although I haven't seen his name on the site for a while), we have FJR1300 (dennis and Sue) over Campelltown (similiar situation, haven't sighted them for ages) and a few others from different parts of Sydney that only pop up occasionally. I don't recall any others members from the Central Coast, 'Belly' at Newcastle might be the closest to your location.
Probably the best way to keep track of what is happening in Australia with the FJR is to go to "Usergroups' and check out the Australia thread. We are in the process of organising this years 'State of Origin' meeting, probaly late April or early May, which is generally a weekend held in the northern part of the state where we meet up with our Qld friends and other members who live in the Nth Coast Region. This will be our 4th yr of such get togethers and they are worth finding the time to attend.
(wives/girlfriends welcome). Once again, enjoy the bike, mine is a 2001 model and has given me 53000klms and 4yrs of pure pleasure.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Another welcome, from Queensland. Great to have you aboard, and as JWM said, whatch for the State of Origin get together. Always fun.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bigdaddydave666
Sold my last bike (BMW 1200CL)
I came off a 1200CL and this is a different bike to ride almost lost it a couple of times just simply because it is so fast, but a great bike to ride.ride safe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Starwolf...yeah, the FJR is very different from the 1200CL. I really liked the CL when I first got it, but after a while I started to hate it, cause it was so heavy in the front, and I hated the Servo-Assisted brakes.
I will be very carefull on the FJR, cause it's a rocket ship!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts