FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I finally dropped the coin on a "new" 2011 FJR after thinking about them for almost 20 years now. What a great machine! Happy to finally be in the ranks of FJR owners. Previous rides were a 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 and a 2005 Suzuki SV1000S - both great bikes with some fairly major drawbacks. I live in Cookeville, TN - some fantastic riding here and great folks to boot. Hope to see some of you all out there in FJR land in the near future.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome from the Big Apple. Great machine. Great people here and plenty of great info. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Cookeville seemed like a nice place the one time I was there. Had a Crawdaddy's lunch and Ralph's donut for desert.

edit: not too far from you, in June https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/18...ada/153349-meet-n-greet-maggie-valley-nc.html
I certainly will make the attempt to come to the Maggie Valley meet-up - I absolutely love riding over there. Ralph's is a must-have when coming through Cookeville but unfortunately Crawdaddy's burned a couple of months ago so it will be a while before they're open for business again.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome! I am just down the road from you in Dayton.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome ACE. I'm heading to Johnson City to ride with a friend after the weather gets better. I hear its nice riding.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome aboard, Ace - from another newb!

Never stopped in Cookeville but have passed it many times, went to college at UT Knoxville in the early 90's, and grew up in Clarksville.

I envy the awesome mountain roads you have in east TN - I spent many a weekend on the roads and highways between Knoxville and Asheville, NC.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the party. Had a SV1000N for years and loved it. Super easy to work on as well. Unfortunately a car killed it off and I eventually bought a FJR to replace it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
WHOOP! Welcome to the madness! Glad to hear you're enjoying the bike!

Keep us posted on your adventures!

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Welcome from SC. As a relatively new member, I have been doing more reading than posting. Lots of info here from nice people.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts