FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics of tail rack I'm working on , though I think I will just use it as is this year. It is made mostly of 1/2 .060 or .065 65 wall stainless tube. It my first project using my new TIG , I know some of the welds are dirtyish, but I'm quite happy with the form. The square socket is for a back rest .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,904 Posts
Also:

Please consider making or modifying your forum signature to include the bike year and model you own. That way there's never any confusion since different model yrs have different stuff and are disassembled different ways.

To create or edit your sig, hover over the word 'TOOLS' in the black bar near the top of the page. A drop-down menu appears, click on 'USER CP'. Then on the left you will see "EDIT SIGNATURE". Click it, do it and save it.

Adding your location so it shows up under your user name can be helpful, too! This is also done under TOOLS/USER CP. Then click on 'Edit Your Details' on the left.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also:

Please consider making or modifying your forum signature to include the bike year and model you own. That way there's never any confusion since different model yrs have different stuff and are disassembled different ways.

To create or edit your sig, hover over the word 'TOOLS' in the black bar near the top of the page. A drop-down menu appears, click on 'USER CP'. Then on the left you will see "EDIT SIGNATURE". Click it, do it and save it.

Adding your location so it shows up under your user name can be helpful, too! This is also done under TOOLS/USER CP. Then click on 'Edit Your Details' on the left.
Done!

I don't have a stiffy kit yet. I wasn't sure the gen 3 need them with the redesigned grab bars. I also kind of figured if the subframe broke , I would get to practice my aluminum tig skills..

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Wow! Nice work, Herb!!

Welders amaze me!!

Reactions: ReRose

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow! Nice work, Herb!!

Welders amaze me!!
Thanks !
The good one amaze me too...
I was raised in farm welding shop but never did it for a living (other than torch welding chicken pen doors when i had to stand on milk create to reach my dads bench, fell off the box and stuck torch down my glove )

I have been playing with tig welding the last few years, to me about creating stuff . I might do more when I retire from my IT job in a few years..

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Thanks !
The good one amaze me too...
I was raised in farm welding shop but never did it for a living (other than torch welding chicken pen doors when i had to stand on milk create to reach my dads bench, fell off the box and stuck torch down my glove )

I have been playing with tig welding the last few years, to me about creating stuff . I might do more when I retire from my IT job in a few years..
Well, sir you have a quite natural talent, then, if you don't do that professionally!! Even more impressed!

Yeah, we IT types... do or will we EVER retire? :grin2:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, sir you have a quite natural talent, then, if you don't do that professionally!! Even more impressed!

I shut down our mainframe last year. I'm aiming to last a another 2 years ...

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
(y)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good job on the rack! Always rewarding when you create something on your own. Nobody else has it!

Reactions: Herb Farr

·
Premium Member
138 Posts

Systems engineer here. Not really any skills from work that I can use to make some part time money after retirement. Unless you've got communication and RADAR issues at home I can help with. :D

Fortunately I did have a detail business many moons ago and I know my way around old British sports cars pretty good. I can detail and restore/flip cars to make a buck. Even tho' it will be more for keeping busy than the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts