FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 35 hours on the newest Aeroflow prototype (1” taller than the extra tall). I don’t have anything bad to say about it. It is superb at all speeds- but it excels at (fjr nominal) speed. Whereas the extra tall is really good all around, at
65 and up, the faster I go (closed track, professional rider, rented fjr) the more this one just keeps it quiet. It is The One for interstate travel, for me.

I have no intention of removing this tester shield any time soon. I like it that well for fastish stuff. It performs well at lower speeds, and I have no issue with getting enough air to my helmet and jacket vents with the shield down. No natural cavitation or buffeting at any angle. The extra tall is all most would ever need, and then some. But if you check all the boxes (height, custom seat, bar risers, need for speed), this one is the Cee Bailey killer. I actually think it is a little cleaner and a little more still at Texas speeds than my giant Cee Bailey screen. It is certainly less visually obtrusive than my Cee Bailey.

Random stats: 6’0 rider, 32” inseam. 10 hours with pillion. With v47, v56, and with no topcase. Laam custom seat. Stock Yamaha seat. Helibars riser in middle position. Temps from 26F to just over 80F. Roads ranging from Cherohala Skyway/Deal’s Gap/Hwy 28/Blood Mountain to TN/NC/GA/AL interstates.

Thanks to Paige and Christine at AeroFlow, Corp. for yet another reason to ride.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When you get a chance would you mind posting a pic or three of it? While not perfect I've always been content with my CB but after following all your work here you've peaked my interest.

·
Premium Member
2014 ES
1,581 Posts
Interesting..... So now windscreen buffering at high speeds? No buffering with the really tall screen when behind a truck? I only ask this because that is what my tall National Cycle screen does. And your saying that this screen is taller than Aeroflow's extra tall. That was the tallest last I looked at their website. Does the Aeroflow work good with your Aerostich? LOL

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,764 Posts
Jim, shim your V-Stream up, it will let more air under it and tend to reduce that wiggle and clean the airflow at the top. If I had the Aeroflow, I'd likely experiment with the same.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re going to get buffeting behind a truck no matter what screen or bike you’re on.

This one allows me to stretch the still and quiet into a higher speed range. The extra tall is right at the edge of the envelope at highway speeds. Big enough pocket, and no more.

But this one is just a prototype. The extra tall is the largest production screen they offer, as far as I know.
Interesting..... So now windscreen buffering at high speeds? No buffering with the really tall screen when behind a truck? I only ask this because that is what my tall National Cycle screen does. And your saying that this screen is taller than Aeroflow's extra tall. That was the tallest last I looked at their website. Does the Aeroflow work good with your Aerostich? LOL

·
Premium Member
2014 ES
1,581 Posts
You’re going to get buffeting behind a truck no matter what screen or bike you’re on.

This one allows me to stretch the still and quiet into a higher speed range. The extra tall is right at the edge of the envelope at highway speeds. Big enough pocket, and no more.

But this one is just a prototype. The extra tall is the largest production screen they offer, as far as I know.
Bill, if you like this X-XTall screen, will they have plans to produce it. I'm also 6'4", and am never out of the buffeting. I'd be interested in this based on your experience.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t know whether it will go into production or not. I do know that, between upright posture, height, riders, seat, etc., I know exactly where the top edge of the envelope is on the extra tall. On this, taller prototype, there is room to spare. We shall see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have about 35 hours on the newest Aeroflow prototype (1” taller than the extra tall). I don’t have anything bad to say about it. It is superb at all speeds- but it excels at (fjr nominal) speed. Whereas the extra tall is really good all around, at
65 and up, the faster I go (closed track, professional rider, rented fjr) the more this one just keeps it quiet. It is The One for interstate travel, for me.

I have no intention of removing this tester shield any time soon. I like it that well for fastish stuff. It performs well at lower speeds, and I have no issue with getting enough air to my helmet and jacket vents with the shield down. No natural cavitation or buffeting at any angle. The extra tall is all most would ever need, and then some. But if you check all the boxes (height, custom seat, bar risers, need for speed), this one is the Cee Bailey killer. I actually think it is a little cleaner and a little more still at Texas speeds than my giant Cee Bailey screen. It is certainly less visually obtrusive than my Cee Bailey.

Random stats: 6’0 rider, 32” inseam. 10 hours with pillion. With v47, v56, and with no topcase. Laam custom seat. Stock Yamaha seat. Helibars riser in middle position. Temps from 26F to just over 80F. Roads ranging from Cherohala Skyway/Deal’s Gap/Hwy 28/Blood Mountain to TN/NC/GA/AL interstates.

Thanks to Paige and Christine at AeroFlow, Corp. for yet another reason to ride.
How is it in the rain? I have a v stream tall and its fine except for when its raining. Water sticks to it like glue. Even after it stop raining the thing won't dry.
The best windscreen I've ever had was a Windjammer on my 78 cb750. It blew the rain over my head and stayed clear

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was so filthy from so much rain, so many miles, and so many bugs in between the rains, I have no idea about rain beading. That’s usually a function of angle, speed, and what it’s treated with, for me. I’ve traditionally used plexus, but switched to brillianize. Can’t tell a huge difference.

·
Registered
2016 ES gun metal silver
70 Posts
How is it in the rain? I have a v stream tall and its fine except for when its raining. Water sticks to it like glue. Even after it stop raining the thing won't dry.
The best windscreen I've ever had was a Windjammer on my 78 cb750. It blew the rain over my head and stayed clear
..you might try rain-x for plastic, it works well for mine, water beads and rolls off. I use rain-x on my car glass too, and at speed, don't really need the wipers in the rain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts