FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has decided to buy a new bike and after sitting on my FJR was so impressed with it has decided to buy one. He has been asking dealers on prices and none too forward with that one. Last week he managed to get a price form a dealer in Dundee for I think £10,750 (non auto), so if anyone of you out there can shed some light on this he would be very happy. He lives in South West Scotland but willing to travel for the right deal. Not many dealers in our area so no competition.

·
Registered
55 Posts
fjrdoonhamer said:
A friend of mine has decided to buy a new bike and after sitting on my FJR was so impressed with it has decided to buy one. He has been asking dealers on prices and none too forward with that one. Last week he managed to get a price form a dealer in Dundee for I think £10,750 (non auto), so if anyone of you out there can shed some light on this he would be very happy. He lives in South West Scotland but willing to travel for the right deal. Not many dealers in our area so no competition.
£10,750 I think was list when I was looking at it. Dealer near here was offering a new '05, discounted to £10,000. (and I checked last week, it's gone now)

On that basis, if I wanted to buy new, I think £10,750 (non-auto) is a pretty good deal. There is not exactly a glut of FJR's about, specially not the '06's, and the dealers don't seem like they have to haggle much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, my friend is going to order this week sometime but he has a couple of other dealers to contact first. You should see him, like a kid with a bar of chocolate but I know how he feels.

Roll on Spring............yeeha!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yamaha UK site says £10,799 OTR for non-auto and £11,799 for the auto.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw advertised a brand new 05 Model at £8600 .This was at George Whites (Slough,Oxford and Swindon)
But if he wants 06 model that will be more squid

:ale:

·
Registered
74 Posts
CMC m/c's in the midlands were doing new '05's for £8500 + delivery. Plus Wigan Yamaha and Frazers of Bristol had new '05's for less than £9000. ( All UK bikes). If you don't mind a US import then KJM in Lancashire and Matlock M/c's have them for around £8500. All these are complete with luggage. There are others too if you use the MCN bike search facility! Worth a look to save 1000's. :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Info as promised folks.

Terry, my friend bought a new 2006 model earlier today from J&L Motorcycles in Carlisle and it's a BLUE one. Lots of extras on it and he got a good deal, didn't want to ask as it's his private affair but it was the best he could get after phoning a few dealers. He was told he would have to wait on it coming in which should be in two weeks time. (Sorry across the pond, how long do you have to wait? He He). You should see him, a grin as wide as the ocean.

Thanks for all the replies.

I know about the American import ones being a good deal, I have one.

FJRDoonhamer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Kaj said:
Slightly off-topic, but I envy you guys...list price here is 22.990€ :cry:
Just wondering given such drastic differences in the price, why not just by the FJR from a different Eurozone country, I mean it looks like you'd be saving a bundle :?

·
Registered
73 Posts
JamesK said:
Kaj said:
Just wondering given such drastic differences in the price, why not just by the FJR from a different Eurozone country, I mean it looks like you'd be saving a bundle :?
Reason for such high price are taxes, even if I buy a bike from Europe I still need to pay a lot to get it registrated...

·
Registered
55 Posts
JamesK said:
Kaj said:
Import duty. Getting the bike home and registered, you have to pay the import taxes, which makes up the difference.

Sometimes, even adding on the taxes, you can still save some money.

The UK seemed to discover this en mass a few years ago, and there were all sorts of companies set up just to help you do the importing of vehicles manufactured across the channel (grey imports - were often the exact same car you could buy from the dealer). This lead to some official inquiries of dealership pricing, and to cheaper cars in the UK, and the crashing of prices in the 2nd hand car market.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it's in. I got my bike serviced yesterday at the Yamaha dealer in Carlisle and my mates bike is in and he should pick it up tomorrow all going well. It's a blue 2006 one with the silver stripe and it's looking fantastic. Jealous? Nope, happy with my bike as it is but Terry can't wait to get it on the road.

We all know how that feels, don't we?

·
Registered
18 Posts
fjrdoonhamer said:
Well it's in. I got my bike serviced yesterday at the Yamaha dealer in Carlisle and my mates bike is in and he should pick it up tomorrow all going well. It's a blue 2006 one with the silver stripe and it's looking fantastic. Jealous? Nope, happy with my bike as it is but Terry can't wait to get it on the road.

We all know how that feels, don't we?
Well, then... does this mean that the IAM bike group could have it's own FJR subsection?

IWW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Swedish price

I´ve just ordered my new 2006 in Sweden at a price of EURO 15 900, delivery first week in May. This will be my 3:e FJR

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well folks, my mate Terry came round yesterday to see me, when he arrived we were the best of friends but that didn't last. I felt that our friendship could not last any longer and that we had to part company. His new 06FJR blue/silver had come between us. I suppose I can't complain as she IS a beauty and looking back into my garage I could see my little girl turn from Galaxy Blue to a slightly off colour green. She did brighten up when I told her that she shouldn't worry as I love just the way she is and with a flash of her headlights we whooshed off for the day. I suppose we will come to terms that Terry has found happyness, after all he could have picked a rugged off road model but came to his senses and chose to go out with one of the nicest looking girls on the tar strip. My darling and myself wish them both many years of happyness together and who knows maybe one day soon we will go out as a sixsome. yeh you've guessed it, wives will want to come along.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Challenge him to a drag race, and I suspect that by the time he catches up your old bike will have lost its green tint. :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts