FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my 06 and now have about 700 miles on it and it is in for its first service. I find the bike very tough to move around the garage and anywhere where my five foot seven 150 Lbs try to move it. So far have not dropped it and can toe touch both sides. Power is remarkable and have not yet really tapped it out. One hundred before you realize what is going on. Great commuter. Great passer. Handling super for such a large bike. Haven't dragged a peg yet but that will happen soon. Roll on throttel response very twitchy unless I pay the very closest attention to absolute smoothness and then it is managable. Put heated Yammy grips on when I got it and now wish I could switch to softer grips but guess I am stuck. Will get the seat cut down two inches and gel put on to lower at least one inch. Love the bike and hope to keep it for a long long time. Afraid the suzuki in the garage will be up for sale soon as it is ulikely to get much riding time any more. Hope you all love your bikes as much as I do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Glad to hear you like the new bike. I got my 06 fjr just a couple weeks ago. 400mi so far and love it. I got a set of motivator frame sliders that I'll have put on when she gets her 600mi service. I'm barely 5'8" and can only tip toe so dropping the bike may be inevitable for us short folk if we aren't careful. Bike is heavy when manuevering around the garage, but I guess its to be expected for a 1300cc bike.

You think the throttle is twitchy on the fjr? My 2004 R6 (traded in for the fjr) was real sensitive. With a little finesse you'll get used to it.

Some tightening up of the front suspension my be in order. Scrapped my foot on a few twisties (the best Illinois has to offer anyway) so the peg can't be that much farther.

How much was your 600 mi service?

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you are thinking of lowering your seat to get more feet on the floor, you may be disappointed. The issue is the width, not the height. I am having mine thinned out at the side - having had the height lowered and found no real difference.

Alan

·
Registered
6 Posts
just got mine about 2 weeks ago. love the power & handling. ordered a corbin seat for it. my suzuki is up for sale now. i actually think i'll be able to ride this one into cold weather and not freeze doing it!

she's about 80lbs heavier than my katana and i do feel it a little when i'm first moving her around.

g

1 - 4 of 4 Posts