FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen an advertisement in the latest RoadRunner Magazine for a new windshield for the FJR, called a VStream. Seems they have had good success with them on BMW's and are now availabe for pre-2006 FJRs.

I've seen a few comments made that this screen works as advertised, less buffeting and backpressure.

NationalCycle is the maker of the windshield, get more info here:

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/nresults2.html?search_model=ym-070

If anyone is interested in the new VStream windshield to fit the '03-'05 FJR, contact Gary McCoy later (Thursday-Friday)this week and he should have some definite pricing on the windshield.

He mentioned the price should be in the $125-130 range(plus shipping).

I don't recall how long before the 2006 FJR model screens will be available(1-2 months?), but I'm sure Gary will be able to help you out as well when they are available!!!

I should have one on my FJR very soon to see how it performs.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VStream

I have a VStream on my '03 and I have to agree with the others that have them-it does work well!

A liitle background on my set-up: "03 FJR with the '04 windscreen brackets, Doug Hines 1" bar risers and a Corbin "Close" seat. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam.

At the full-down position, I can see over the top of the screen by approx. 2". At this position, I was able to get good airflow for the top vent on my Shoei TZR helmet. Noticeably quieter than with the stock screen at any position. Helmet wasn't disturbed by the wind and as you raise the screen, it only seems to get quieter.

Back pressure seems non-existent. Did not notice any ill-handling of the bike with the screen full-up.

Not sure how this size of screen will perform for hot temperatures, but time will tell. Would be curious to see how this style of shield, but maybe 4" shorter would perform??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts