FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it recovered, gel pad put in and the sides narrowed. This is what it looks like now. It's very comfy and I can get my feet down. If anyone else has it done, then get the plastic sides taken out.

First 3 pictures are the seat. Next two are showing how the width is reduced. It really does make a difference. I have not had it lowered at all.

Alan

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony Archer at Huddersfield.

We can discuss it tomorrow - where you can see and try it out.

Alan

·
Registered
76 Posts
SAAAWWWWWEEEEEEET !!!!

Very nice work!!! Looks really good !! Hope you don't mind I reposted your pics on the FJRForum, :lol:

·
Registered
110 Posts
What kind of tank pad is that and what kind of provisions does it have on it?

Mel

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
qmotion said:
What kind of tank pad is that and what kind of provisions does it have on it?

Mel
As he said - it's a baglux tank cover. You get all sorts of tank bags for it. I have about 4 different sized ones depending on how much I want to load up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
alan sh said:
Alan, slightly off-topic question, but it looks like you've got a GIVI rack & base on your '06, I didn't think they were out yet. Is the rack the part # SR357 listed on the GIVI website? If yes, were did you order it from?
Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
alan sh said:
Had it recovered, gel pad put in and the sides narrowed. This is what it looks like now. It's very comfy and I can get my feet down. If anyone else has it done, then get the plastic sides taken out.

First 3 pictures are the seat. Next two are showing how the width is reduced. It really does make a difference. I have not had it lowered at all.

Alan
Alan, the seat looks great, Also, some questions about the seat:
1. about how much did it cost to do both seats?
2. how long did it take them to do the mods?
3. did you need to send them your seats for the work to be done or do they do a straight swap out, where you send them the OEM seats?
4. how tall are you? I'm 5'10" and find that the OEM seat on the lower setting gives me sufficient footing

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh wow - so many questions. I'll tgry and answer them as best I can.

1. Givi rack. I have no idea. It was fitted by my dealer. I am pretty sure it is the genuine article. It looks purpose made for this model FJR. Yes, it does look like the SR357.http://www.givi.it/caschi_borse_bauli_accessori.asp?CO_ID=11055

2. The cost was £60. I left it one Friday, went back a week later. It actually only took him about 4-5 hours but he is very busy and I had to wait in the queue. I sent the seats in and borrowed a spare set from my dealer. The seat maker does not do swaps - he has no spares. I am 5'7" and now feel, with the seat narrowed, that it is OK.

3. From a google search:
Tony Archer Address: Unit 7D Riverside Works, Bradley Mills Road, Huddersfield. Telephone: 01484 536832

One more point. If you get a gel pad added and then leave it in the sun all day (29 degrees), it feels like your behind is on fire for the first 100 miles. That thing just absorbs the heat ......................

Hope this helps

Alan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Plastic sides removal

Alan

[If anyone else has it done, then get the plastic sides taken out]

Any chance of a photo of the underside of the front seat showing how much plastic was removed?

Does removing the plastic sides affect locating the seat?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice one Alan.

Was so impressed with your photos that I sent the seats from my 05 to Tony yesterday.

Compared to all the others I've looked at, his prices are very reasonable.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Plastic sides removal

sanqhar said:
Alan

[If anyone else has it done, then get the plastic sides taken out]

Any chance of a photo of the underside of the front seat showing how much plastic was removed?

Does removing the plastic sides affect locating the seat?
Can't do a photo - I'm working away from home. However, it doesn't affect the locating at all. How much was taken out? All of it. If you take your seat off, you can feel the plastich protruding out at the side. Try it, it's really obvious.

Cribby - You won't be disappointed. You might want to ring him (number is on the web) and just explain what you want - it all helps.

One thing - not sure if a gel pad is a good thing or not. It seems to be somewhat hard for me (only 11 stone - 150 lbs).

regards

Alan
Alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts