FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bike out this morning for the first ride of the new year, and would you beleive it, just about 5 minutes from home after a 2 hour ride, my knob fell off!

Now, just before we all start with the usual quips, I mean the knob on the heated grips contoller.

Anyone got a spare?

·
Registered
728 Posts
cribby said:
Took the bike out this morning for the first ride of the new year, and would you beleive it, just about 5 minutes from home after a 2 hour ride, my knob fell off!

Now, just before we all start with the usual quips, I mean the knob on the heated grips contoller.

Anyone got a spare?
I'm not surprised it fell off if it takes you two hours to get 5 minutes from home. :?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was horrified to hear about the tragic loss of your knob!! :shock:
I hope you are able to find a donar post haste! Afterall, life without a knob is just too awful to contemplate!
Happy New Year to all and happy trails and many safe motoring miles.
Swannie007

·
Registered
721 Posts
If it was only five minutes from home go back and find the thing!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Go back and find it?!! Cripes, that's like looking for a needle in a haystack., unless the knob is about the size of a basketball :D

Yeah, that's it , go back and look for it. Hah, hah. :roll:

·
Registered
119 Posts
I imagine it's a shock to the psyche to loose ones knob, but with a loving and supportive SO, I'm certain you will come to see that there is more to life than playing with your knob. :lol:
Or perhaps...
I'm sure your mother told you that would happen if you played with it too much. :lol: :lol:

OK, seriously(ish),
I'm pretty sure you will be able to find a substitute knob at your local Radio Shack or equivalent. Best bet may be a Mom & Pop TV/Radio repair shop. They should at least be able to order you one that will work.
I doubt you'll be able to find an identical knob, so think of it as a farkle and find one that expresses who you really are. :wink:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Heated grips????????

Sorry I don't understand the question, have some thick gloves it they will help.

Teejay

----------------------------------------------------------------
Keep it smooth, Keep it quick

·
Registered
372 Posts
Having lost your precious knob, I would let my mind expand and get the knob of your dreams. Really, think about it. What a conversation piece. Your knob will be the envy of everyone. Attend your local or national rally and your new knob will be THE topic of discussion. So, choose carefully. Replace that old knob with the knob of your dreams and let the good times roll.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
This is true:

On honeymoon, my wife and I took our bicycles to roam around the local area and country park.

There was a hill, called the knob.

So, she went up the knob, kissed me on top of the knob, and went back down the knob.

It was a fairly large knob, so she was tired when she had finished......

·
Registered
353 Posts
That'll teach you cribby. Even with your time on this site , did'nt think you'd have the nerve to post that question.
Good to see the site has it's old flare still, though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heated Grip Controller Knob

I know this is an old thread... But did you ever find a replacement knob? I've lost mine as well.

Anyone got a spare?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.